We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lara vs side and transport to the hotel

Islamabad, Pakistan
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
lara vs side and transport to the hotel

Hello,

I am confused whether to choose Lara or Side. I would like to visit the old city (kaleici) also and if possible, perge and aspendos too but I only have one full day (from 12 noon to 8:35 in the morning). Please suggest where should I stay?]

And how long will it take to travel between Lara to the airport and what will be the cost?

And from Side to the airport and what will be the cost?

Finally, are there any transports from Lara and Side to Kaleici?

Please advice,

Thanks,

london
Level Contributor
722 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lara vs side and transport to the hotel

Hi,

We've stayed in Lara at the Barut Lara.

It is about twenty minutes from the airport . We went in a coach but family paid about 40e for a taxi. Side is about an hour away from the airport.

We have visited all the places you have mentioned from Lara. The Barut Lara does have a hotel bus which is around 5e each way to Antalya to the old quarter of Kaleci.

However it does require a minimum number of guests to go. We went by taxi which was 25e each way. It was well worth it.

If I was you i'd message Canmom or Toady ,the Destination experts.

leo

Islamabad, Pakistan
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lara vs side and transport to the hotel

thank you s much for your advice.

How do i message canmom or toady? their email addresses please?

thanks,

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,371 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lara vs side and transport to the hotel

Hi Umari

Do you mean you have just one night in either Side or Lara ?

If this is so why not stay in Kaleci but I am not sure in that time span how you could fit in Perge and Aspendos as you would need that time to explore Kaleci.

Lara beach is closer but not sure why you would want to stay there if your aim is to visit the old town.

There is a forum member staying at the Best Western Khan right now which sounds ideal for you. Maybe you could read his live thread ! Side is not a practical option.

Out of interest why have you got only the one day in Antalya .?

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
7,214 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lara vs side and transport to the hotel

As Toady says there are plenty of hotels in Kaleici and you would spend one day at least exploring.

Perge and Aspendos are not too far out of Antalya on the airport side of the city. Easy to get to by hire car or organised excursion. But that trip would be a whole day.

Side is an hour or so from Antalya.

To do Antalya justice you really need to spend longer than a day here and you seem to only have half a day.

Edited: 21 July 2014, 08:09
Islamabad, Pakistan
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lara vs side and transport to the hotel

Hello everyone,

So i change dmy program and now i will have two nights but one full day. I want to explore the old city and perge or aspendos in the morning and just relax on the beach in the evening.

Does this sound good?

Also, if it does, could you please recommend a good hotel on the beach, provided its not all inclusive as they are hell expensive.

Thanks

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lara vs side and transport to the hotel

Look at the White Garden Pension in Kaleici - lovely gem of a place - we stayed there last year - good reviews too - take a look - and very inexpensive as well -

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
7,214 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lara vs side and transport to the hotel

Yes if you stay in Kaleici you will be able to explore lateafternoon and evening. The trips to Perge, Aspendos and the waterfall are generally a day trip. There is a small bathing area in Kaleici at the Mermerli restaurant but there is a charge. I'm not sure how long you would get on the beach with your schedule. The nearest proper beach is Konyaalti beach which is stones.

8. Re: lara vs side and transport to the hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:16