We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lara beach, here now can anyone help?

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lara beach, here now can anyone help?

Hi guys..

Medical enquiry if anyone can advise me?

We are staying at the barut Lara and been fortunate enough over the years of staying here not needed a doctor. I've discovered this afternoon that to see doctor is 100 euro plus further costs to treat? I think what we'd need is a clinic or a/e for a minor injury so wondered if could by pass the doctor here?..

My teen daughter has had acrylic nails put on for the holiday, today she's had an accident and the acrylic nail has come off with her own nail, it's hanging on by the cuticle and skin round? Its extremly painful. I've strapped it up and kept it clean. If we were at home if have visited a local a/e and I'm sure they'd give a local annasetic and take the nail off??

I'm know I'm rambling and you didn't need to know all that? So in a nutshell does anyone know in Lara beach area where we could attend to have it sorted?... We are home on Sunday so my other option is to keep strapping till then..

Thanks all!..

Weather is beautiful! Xxx

scotland
Level Contributor
4,076 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lara beach, here now can anyone help?

Go to local Pharmacy..they may be able to help you OR send you somewhere that can

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
473 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lara beach, here now can anyone help?

It's probably a bit late now but go on to turkishliving forum & ask the same question

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,027 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lara beach, here now can anyone help?

Hi Debella

Ouch that sounds painful and upsetting for your daughter.

Why not ask one of the staff where you could go ?

Would you insurance not cover you for this ?

Hope you get this sorted !

I also hope you got a nice room after your earlier concerns and apart from this set back your having a great time.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lara beach, here now can anyone help?

Aw thanks toady..

Ella had her finger strapped up and hasn't complained do far, I'm going to ask at guest relations where we could go but I'm really hoping if we could keep it strapped we are home Sunday, the nail will have to come off, its infection that bothers me. Anyway we shall get sorted, thank you so much for replies.

Rooms, we didn't get our usual room no :( we are situated in the garden rooms, as you know this was due to the room banding changing. I know I read some prefer this area but I'm afraid we don't, on arrival we had to have repairs to the patio doors (broken lock!) a plug doesn't work and handle of the cupboard falling off too! I haven't reported those but obviously the lock needed sorting. There is ants galore, fruit basket was eaten before us!! Sounds like I'm complaining sorry, we have brought my mother in law this year and when I sung this hotels praises I really wanted it to be perfect! Anyhow we still enjoying a 40 degree heat and got booked in al a carte each night so far but two? The new Italian was lovely (although a little rushed) .. Despite Ella's minor injury we are having a beautiful time here. Xxx

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,027 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lara beach, here now can anyone help?

Hi debella

No repeat guest upgrades then ?

You maybe could have asked to move room with the ants situation.

Glad your enjoying it regardless and shame your daughter had this happen but If it is not bothering her then maybe best to be treated here.

Enjoy your holiday and hope you write a review !

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,151 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lara beach, here now can anyone help?

Hi Debella

Glad to hear Ella is bearing up okay - it won't hurt to visit a pharmacy (eczane) - they speak excellent English and can dispense antibiotics without prescription.

Be careful - I once applied gauze over an open wound and the scab formed around the weave and it was very painful to remove.

There is definitely a pharmacy in the bazaar outside The Baia Lara and also one opposite Limak Lara, hopefully there will be another closer to your Hotel

I showed your post to my almost 13 yr old - who is nagging me for acrylics - you just saved me £30!

Try and enjoy your holiday - though don't like the sound of the ants

Take care x Angela

yorkshire
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lara beach, here now can anyone help?

Aw everyone on the Antalya TA forums is so kind!..

No there didn't seem to be many upgrades I'm afraid :( I told reception about ants and we came back to a plug in repellant? We haven't left any cups drinks or food around and not seeing as many? Hope I didn't come across too moany on my reply? Yes I shall be leaving my review. Whilst I'd come back to with no hesitation I'm thinking that it's maybe time to try one of the hotels? We've had some fabulous holidays here it's just one or two very minor points that make us move on.

Ella had a lazy day with a friend at the beach, no pool or sea so she's kept bandaged up with little complaining, I don't see sign of infection but believe me I'd be buying those antibiotics first sign! We've only two days to go, I'm really hoping we can visit our own a/e! Thanks so much though, I think when I posted yesterday I might be in panic mum mode!

Ha well I'm pleased if I've saved you £30!! I have my nails done every two weeks at home. This was just a treat for Ella for holidays, all the young teens have got these nails on its just a simply an unfortunate accident for Ella, I'm sure your daughter will be fine. It is pretty ugly and horrendously painful if you wanting to still put her off..

Thanks all xxx

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,151 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lara beach, here now can anyone help?

Thanks Debella - yep - still trying to put her off - my logic is grow your own??????

Anyway enjoy your last 2 days and have a safe trip home

X Angela

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lara beach, here now can anyone help?

The nail should drop off it self, going it the sea will do it some good too. X

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lara beach, here now can anyone help?

Suggest they have an excellent manicure and pedicure once in Turkey instead. Just 30 odd lira and no fake bits to cause problems :-) Lived here 5 years now and never had a broken nail ;-) Just a feeling of being pampered every 10 days or so!