We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pay for the bus by card only now

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Pay for the bus by card only now

In Antalya now you cannot pay cash for the dolmus - cards are 5 TL each -

5 More things you should know about new Bus Cards;

1- No you can not use money for Nostalgia tram ... No money can be used anywhere for public city transport in Antalya anymore.

2- The card system is only for Antalya metropol area. Towns and villages like Manavgat, Side , Kemer etc. Are not affected . They will decide on their own town consuls.

3- No card for kids below the age of 7. But 7 and up need card. Yet there is no official decleration requirement for age detail for kids. Just say your kid is below 7 wink emoticon

4- NO TIME LIMIT for expiration on the Temporary Cards (Tickets). Just 4 more fill ups on the 5 TL cards. 5 TL card can only be filled 5 TL at a time and 10 TL card can only be filled 10 TL at a time. YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO FILL YOUR TEMP CARDS IF YOU ARE TRYING TO FILL MORE OR LESS MONEY THAN THAT AT A TIME. And can not transfer your left over credits from temp cards to one card Dakota Wallace .

5-There is a high tech solution to fill your cards (NOT THE TEMP CARD THOUGH) You can download a mobile phone app called ANTALYA KART MOBILE from Google play to your Android phone that supports NFC. And then You can follow the instructions on it. YOU CAN PAY WITH YOUR ANDROID PHONE AT THE BUS TOO. I-Phone app has a problem . It can load up your card but can not have you pay at the bus. (Closed NFC problem on I-Phone...I am told)

19 replies to this topic
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,543 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pay for the bus by card only now

This was tried a few years ago and lasted all of .............. a day or so!! Again they really haven't thought it through. Most of the tram stations have card top up facilities but the queues.....

The one main advantage last time was they changed the rules so the buses had to stop at bus stops rather than willy nilly causing so many problems for cyclists and other road users!

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pay for the bus by card only now

Hi will we need to buy a bus card for the bus that runs from Lara Beach area into Antalya,if so please could any one advise where to purchase.Thank you .

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,543 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pay for the bus by card only now

I think the bus drivers are selling them with 5 lira already loaded on them. Typically this has been introduced without being properly thought out.

I have read on another page that in Kundu (Lara Beach area) you can buy and charge the cards at Ezgi Market (shop) across the road from the Kervanseray.

5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pay for the bus by card only now

Thank you for your reply ,we are staying at the Barut so if I remember correctly that hotel and shop can't be far .

scotland
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pay for the bus by card only now

Thankyou for this info

northumberland
Level Contributor
503 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pay for the bus by card only now

Great info. Thanks

Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pay for the bus by card only now

Hi.

I just bought the card 6 lira + top up 5 lira.. Total is 11 lira. Is this amount right?

By the way, after I am done using the card. What should I do with it? can i return it to get back the 6 lira and remaining balance?

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,543 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pay for the bus by card only now

I don't think the cards are refundable at all - sorry. Maybe another visitor will buy the card from you.

The amount you paid sounds about right to me.

5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pay for the bus by card only now

We are going to Antalya,we are 6 adult and 3 kids.which one is the best option,bus or van taxi?

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,543 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pay for the bus by card only now

Depends on the journey ;o)

Reply to: Pay for the bus by card only now
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted