We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you reach Aspendos from Antalya by bus?

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
How do you reach Aspendos from Antalya by bus?

And how much time does the bus take? Or are there any day tours organized?

18 replies to this topic
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you reach Aspendos from Antalya by bus?

Ashwinbahulka, it is very easy to get a tour to ASPENDOS. Many hotels/pensions advertise tours to all parts of TURKEY. I am sure you won;t have a problem.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you reach Aspendos from Antalya by bus?

Many hotels and pensions .provide tours. I am one to sure you will get one to suit you. ASPENDOS is about 90 minutes from ANTALYA.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you reach Aspendos from Antalya by bus?

I'm not sure if any of the long distance buses would drop you off at the Aspendos junction, but you could probably take a Serik Koop bus from Antalya otogar (bus station) to Serik and then get another small local bus/dolmus heading east that could drop you there (or maybe the Manavgat Seyahat bus company that runs from Antalya to Manavgat, stopping at most places along the way, could drop you at the junction in one hit). It's about a 4km walk from the main road to Aspendos.

The guys at Turkish bus stations are usually very helpful and could point you in the right direction.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
266 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you reach Aspendos from Antalya by bus?

If hiring a car is it easy to navigate roads out of Kaleici area to Perge and Aspendos then back....would setting off early morning be better to avoid peak hour..or is it mostly the same traffic all day? thanks

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you reach Aspendos from Antalya by bus?

Looks like going by bus is not that convenient, how much would a typical aspendos-perge day tour cost?

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you reach Aspendos from Antalya by bus?

@ MaeM14 - when I drove out of Kaleici in October I found it pretty chaotic. I just followed my nose. If you head east you should hit Aspendos Bulvarı pretty soon, follow signs for the airport (Havalimanı). For me returning to Kaleici was trickier than leaving Antalya.

@ ashwinbahulkar - 50 euros for a day tour to Side, Perge, Aspendos and Manavgat waterfalls. As davidmac92 says, every hotel in Kaleici will be able to set you up with a tour. And there are signposts all around Kaleici advertising the tours.

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do you reach Aspendos from Antalya by bus?

50 Euros seems to be on the higher side,right? Is hiring a car with a driver cheaper, because a remember a website which offered car rentals for around 30Euros.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
266 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do you reach Aspendos from Antalya by bus?

Thanks davidm1 will plan course ahead...prefer our own car to give us flexibilty We will leave early orning may miss some of the traffic

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do you reach Aspendos from Antalya by bus?

If you Google "Perge Aspendos tours", you'll find several agents advertising the tour. I've seen prices of 55 & 70 euros. You'll probably be able to get it cheaper from one of the agents in Antalya when you're there.

Antalya
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: How do you reach Aspendos from Antalya by bus?

You can also hire a driver guide in Antalya.If you contact one of the local agents in Antalya,you can hire your personal driver guide.If you search driver guide in Antalya on google,you can find the local agents in Antalya which provide the service.

Edited: 16 January 2012, 12:51
Reply to: How do you reach Aspendos from Antalya by bus?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Serik
More Serik Topics