We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi's

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
taxi's

Seven of us have hired a villa in Kalkan in Sept', I am 72 & the oldest , I'm fairly good on my feet but still a little apprehensive about the hilly terrain, the villa looks to be high but I've read the taxi's are reliable & inexpensive. Any advice on this please ,& what tipping is customary. Also is a sweater or light coat advisable for the evenings in early Sept'

Many Thanks

Ballymoney, United...
Level Contributor
861 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi's

Wearing good sturdy shoes and taking it very slowly going up isnt so bad. Coming down is a bit harder because of the steepness and the concrete is worn to a shine in places. Kalkan is quiet during the day imo because people dont like to make the trip too often :) However give it a go, take it slow and carry a bottle of water with you and you should be able to manage it.

Kalkan its self is tiny so taxis are cheap enough - and theres hundreds of them (no one likes walking up that mountain after a night on the town) :)

Believe it or not I have seen very less mobile people holiday in Kalkan. Theres one lady who goes to visit her daughter and takes her mobility scooter :) I would just advise the ladies in the group to leave the stilletoes at home.

A light sweater is advisable for the evenings. I find it gets chilly enough to warrant one and I also have a blanket on my bed. And long trousers for both sexes, not just against the possible chill, but as protection from the mozzies (the alternatif serves lovely food but the mozzies feast upon you in there)

Enjoy your holiday

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi's

Hi- I'm 70 and had no difficulty in walking in Kalkan.We were well up the hill in the Kalkan Elite. The heat is a factor though and I suggest a taxi in the heat of the day. Like suki says-take a bottle of water. You'll love it.

Get answers to your questions about Kalkan