We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalkan Alternatif Restaurant

Hadleigh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Kalkan Alternatif Restaurant

We are heading back to Kalkan (2nd visit) at the end of June and have heard a lot about the Alternatif Restauarnt. Is it as good as the reviews say? Are the steaks also as good as people say. We have 14 nights this year and not being a fish eater I dont fancy a heavy meal each night. Can anyone suggest a good place for a light(ish) meal. Also any advise on a good lower cost eating establishment. We visited the Kebap House next to Korasn Meze a couple of times last year. Great food and very reasonable prices. Bread is superb. Any help will be gratefully received.

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalkan Alternatif Restaurant

Hi - well I certainly liked the Alternatif restaurant and my son loved the steak - but then he tends to love the steaks whereever he has them in Kalkan!

for a lighter meal - you could try the BBQ which used to be the old Breeze restaurant opposite the Kaya, or Omars Kitchen on the road up to the Thursday market - or Bezirgans kitchen - next to where the Deniz bank used to be (it has just moved) - in fact any more of the more 'soup kitchens' will be ideal for a light meal... Also the Kalkan fast food (despite the name!!) just to the side of the Tesko supermarket and adjacent Extinct restaurant (they do other things apart from fish) are nice too!!

Cheers!

Kalkan, Turkey
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalkan Alternatif Restaurant

Hi Alshepuk

Personally I have always enjoyed my meals at both Extinct and Alternatif - and yes the steak is excellent.

There is a thread about light lunches here enjoykalkan.com/forum/…3047.0.html

Hope that helps - have a great time

Hadleigh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalkan Alternatif Restaurant

Thank you that is most helpful. I must admit I have never heard of Extinct. I do not remember coming across this on our first visit last year

Kalkan, Turkey
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalkan Alternatif Restaurant

I have to say that the Alternatif Restaurant was the best of all the rest. hassan the cook is brilliant, the lamb shank is to die for.

England
Level Contributor
395 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalkan Alternatif Restaurant

Try the Atlantis at the start of the Kalamar Road, jst further up from the BarbeQue. They do excellent steaks but also do light meals and snacks as well. Ozcan and Ercan speak excellent English and will try to cater for your needs if you tell them what you want. They alo have internet connection and WiFi.

If you are staying in Kalamar, then the Cafe Vita will also fit the bill for you.

6. Re: Kalkan Alternatif Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2010, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan