We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Baths?

London
Level Contributor
99 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish Baths?

It will be my first trip to Turkey and Kalkan and have heard that a Turkish bath is a must do? I dislike saunas as I have trouble with the steam and as I've recently been ill a heavy, pummeling massage would be out of the question. Is it possible to have a gentle massage and scrub etc or am I missing the point all together?!

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Ipswich
Level Contributor
558 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish Baths?

Turkish baths are more steamy than saunas so probably wouldn't suit you.

Why not try a massage - there are a few places in town and someone on the forums will know where they are. You could ask for them to be very gentle and it would be really relaxing.

I recently had a treatment called "Aromasoul" on a cruise ship - this consisted of a gentle body scrub, which you then showered off, followed by a gentle massage, then a session on a flotation bed whilst the masseuse massaged my head for about 25 minutes.

Heaven! Don't know if anyone does similar in Kalkan.

2. Re: Turkish Baths?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2010, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations