We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kalkan in early september

wigan
6 posts
Save Topic
kalkan in early september

thinking of going to kalkan first two weeks in september. i've been told that the turkey season is a short one and i'm wondering if everything will be closed then. has anyone been at ths time of year? and if so could you let me know. thanks

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kalkan in early september

Kalkan will be fully open in September, the season really doesn't end until the end of October

Edited: 30 June 2010, 09:21
wigan
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: kalkan in early september

thats great, thank you

stockport
Level Contributor
276 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kalkan in early september

In fact September (especially later in the month) is our favourite time to visit Kalkan, weather still superb, but without the really hot weather of July and August, sea is lovely and warm swimming pools the same. Lovely time to wander around in the evenings - everyting is open, it is still very much the main season in the town.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kalkan in early september

September is our favourite time too as the weather is always lovely, unfortunately wont be there in September this year :(

Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kalkan in early september

Hiya - we always go to Turkey in September - and we are booked for a week this September. As mentioned by others, the weather is still fab but the sun not quite so intense as July and August. Definitely September is a very good time to visit Turkey - it's a great country. Have a brilliant time. Cheers from Aries xx

wigan
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: kalkan in early september

thanks for all the replys, really looking forward to going now

Ipswich
Level Contributor
555 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kalkan in early september

Everything will be open as usual - shops and restaurants don't start closing down until well into October. We've been as late as the third week of October and almost everything was still open then.

And it will be hot!

wigan
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: kalkan in early september

thanks to everyone who replied. i'm fully reassured and we are really looking forward to visiting kalkan.

9. Re: kalkan in early september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations