We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exclusive Escapes - Stansted Private Air Terminal

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ipswich
Level Contributor
531 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Exclusive Escapes - Stansted Private Air Terminal

Has anyone tried this yet please? Am looking at holidays for 2013 and this appeals very much as I hate airports.

Also opinions on EE in general would be appreciated, either on here or by private message.

Have been to Kalkan in the past with Tapestry (before the split) but lately we travel independently and make all our own arrangements.

London
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exclusive Escapes - Stansted Private Air Terminal

I'm going early September. Flights were from Heathrow, but got changed some time ago - we were informed by email.

The email was quite amusing starting with how they were sorry that the flights we'd booked to go on had been cancelled by BA (we were starting to fear the worst) but would it be okay if they moved us onto flights from Stansted's Private Air Terminal (much nearer to us and with free parking, and obviously sounds far more fun than flying the normal way). We decided to accept their offer.

Similar to you, I've been with Tapestry and also we generally sort our own things out. This is the first "package" in a while.

Edited: 26 July 2012, 16:57
London, United...
Level Contributor
6,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exclusive Escapes - Stansted Private Air Terminal

I have never travelled with them but their brochure is very attractive and they have some fantastic properties in Turkey. Also I was very impressed when we were leaving Dalaman Airport in May, there must have been half a dozen reps there ready to meet their clients departing from Dalaman.

Kent
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exclusive Escapes - Stansted Private Air Terminal

EE are fabulous in every way. You won't be disappointed!

Riddlecombe, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exclusive Escapes - Stansted Private Air Terminal

we found them online yesterday and booked with them this morning, we have got the Standard Private terminal at the beginning of September too. We thought they sounded too good to be true and were a bit undecided but Simon at EE was really helpful with advice over the phone - we can't wait!

Ipswich
Level Contributor
531 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exclusive Escapes - Stansted Private Air Terminal

Thanks everyone for your comments - they have been very helpful.

flyingace1
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exclusive Escapes - Stansted Private Air Terminal

Warning!

If you have booked Exclusive Escapes Business Class from the Jet Terminal at Stansted,prepare for a major let down.

After BA cancelled the BMI flight to Dalaman,with it's excellent Business Class service,and use of the Lounge at LHR,they made a big point of saying what a wonderful experience would be provided by Titan Airways at the new Jet Terminal.

If you think that a danish pastry and a cup of coffee to be outstanding,fine,but that is it.When the Titan attendant in the lounge was asked if there was anything else,she nearly fell over.That is it apart from a grudgingly offered glass of champagne.

When you board the aircraft,just outside the lounge,a nasty surprise is waiting.

Far from being a great Business Class experience,you are confronted by economy seats,with the middle one empty.

The cost of upgrading is not cheap,unlike the seating.

When confronted about it,Exclusive Escapes were extremely evasive,and insisted that this was a normal Business Class seating plan.

Absolute rubbish,and deceitful.

So,if you are travelling economy,very handy if you live in the area.But save your money,and do not book "Business Class" it is really Economy plus.

A lot of people are extremely annoyed about what they feel is a gross misrepresentation by EE.

It should be interesting to see if anything positive emerges from this.

So,economy is fine,business class,a waste of money.

London
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exclusive Escapes - Stansted Private Air Terminal

nice info thanks.

glad i didn't let the wife persuade me to upgrade then. i generally think it's a waste of time for short haul anyway, plus we already have free access to business lounges across the world with our bank account.

Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
201 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exclusive Escapes - Stansted Private Air Terminal

I cannot comment on the Stansted private terminal but I have travelled with Exclusive Escapes in the past and generally found them to be excellent. The only negative was a very rickety old mini bus transfer from Dalaman to Kalkan. I was sitting over the wheel arch and might as well have been being dragged behind the bus on a pallet for how comfortable it was. That aside everything from the brochure to the web site, the accommodation, inclusive trips and local representation was top drawer.

Ipswich
Level Contributor
531 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exclusive Escapes - Stansted Private Air Terminal

Well - I am still awaiting a price quote so will have to see if I think it's worthwhile. But, the main attraction for me is the ease with which you actually get to the plane, not the size of the seat or what I get for breakfast (which I will probably have had at home before going to Stansted anyway).

Doesn't it point out the size of the seats on the Exclusive Escapes website?

Kent
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Exclusive Escapes - Stansted Private Air Terminal

flyingace1, quite a few airlines use the 'spare middle seat' configuration for business class on short-haul flights. Turkish airlines for one (and they charge about £700pp on top of the standard economy fare for that, as opposed to the £450 EE charge).

It isn't fair to say EE were guilty of gross misrepresentation - they are totally upfront about what the business class service entails. Their website has a cabin plan of the flight, underneath which it states that in first class the middle seat is left empty. So they hardly try to hide it.

exclusiveescapes.co.uk/pages/new-private-jet…

Their business class info also states that in the terminal you get coffee, danish pastries and a glass of fizz - and it sounds like that's exactly what you got.

exclusiveescapes.co.uk/pages/new-private-jet…

The website also clearly states "It is fair to say that the Titan business class does not compare with our historic BMI service as additional legroom is not provided". It all seems pretty clear to me.

Before anyone accuses me of working for EE, I don't. I'm a frequent traveller to Turkey who discovered EE last year and was overwhelmed by the quality of the service, flights and properties. Just counting down the days until we go back in September!

Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations