We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkllng sites near Kalkan

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkllng sites near Kalkan

i am staying in kalkan with a hire car and would appreciate any advice regarding good places for snorkling ?

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
745 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkllng sites near Kalkan

You probably don't need a car to get great snorkling, most of the day boats that leave from the harbour stop off in the bays for swimming and snorkling. Ali on Zeus loves snorkling and if you go on his boat for a day you will have a great time.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkllng sites near Kalkan

Kas is only 20 minutes down the road, you could drive there and go out on a dive boat for a bit of snorkelling. They do half day outings there, on the boat at 09:00 and back by lunch, or in the afternoon.

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkllng sites near Kalkan

You can just go to any of the beach clubs and go snorkelling around the coast from them all - beautiful underwater views and fish....just hop in the sea anywhere!!

Enjoy!

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
199 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkllng sites near Kalkan

I highly recommend you to visit Kaş.

If you come down to the harbour I can give you some information about snorkelling sites around area.

I mainly take guests out for snorkelling with my boat.

All the best.

Cpt. Ergun

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkllng sites near Kalkan

I have just returned from Kalkan, and did alot of snorkelling. Best places are west of the harbour, all the way up to the club. South of Kalkan had cold surface water. The ultimate place was was the first beach on the road down to Kas, about a 10 Minute drive, and down alot of steps. Once in the water head in the direction of Kas , and 3/4 of the way between the beach and the peninsula is a cave! Make sure you make it one of your snorkelling trips. It is abit of a swim.

Ps we saw a large turtle feeding on the bottom there.

Edited: 28 August 2012, 08:07
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkllng sites near Kalkan

Try Kaputaş beach..located between Kas and Kalkan

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
745 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkllng sites near Kalkan

the beach a8amg mentions as 'The ultimate place was was the first beach on the road down to Kas, about a 10 Minute drive, and down alot of steps.' is Kaputaş beach. and there are several beach clubs west of the Harbour and if you go down to Kalamar beach there is a diving school there http://www.kalkandiving.com/

8. Re: Snorkllng sites near Kalkan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations