We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Faulty Jewellery Raw Diamond Kalkan

Norwich
Level Contributor
22 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Faulty Jewellery Raw Diamond Kalkan

Last year I purchased a diamond eternity ring from Raw Diamond Jewellery Shop in Kalan, Turkey. When we bought the ring, after visiting various shops we were given a 5 year exchange guarantee in an 'International Certificate of Guarantee'. Unfortunately, one year on, one of the diamonds has come out of the ring and is lost. I have contacted Abdul via e mail four times, rang the shop and spoke with a man who 'spoke little English' (funny that - they can speak excellent English when they want to sell to you) and telephoned the owner's mobile and left a message. Obviously this 'guarantee' means nothing. We searched through the jewellers in Kalkan and decided on Raw Diamond as we found them professional. Obviously not as professional as we first thought as after the sale has been made they do not want to know. Businesses like them give jewellers in Kalkan a bad name. Can anyone help with where to turn from here? We have now lost faith in them and would be reluctant to return the ring with the fear of them possibly replacing the stone with an inferior jewel.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,711 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Faulty Jewellery Raw Diamond Kalkan

Hi RosieNorwich;

This forum, the TripAdvisor Support forum, is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site itself.

Best Regards

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Faulty Jewellery Raw Diamond Kalkan

Hi Rosie,

As RescueTeam mentioned, your topic was misplaced in the Support forum. We have since moved it here to the Kalkan forum where other travelers who are familiar with the area, and possibly the shop, may offer some advice.

Thanks for participating and good luck.

Best regards,

TA_Louise

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,276 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Faulty Jewellery Raw Diamond Kalkan

I wonder what you are expecting now. As you have rung the sellers and now say you do not want to return it for repair ? So if you have now decided you do not want to return the ring to them, there seems little more they can do.

A stone can become dislodged for lots of reasons it does not mean that it was badly made. If you have a guarantee you should give the shop a chance to repair the ring and if you plan to return this would be the best course of action.

However, other options are.. Firstly, if you bought with a credit card you could contact your Bank and let them know the problem. Secondly, as you have lost a stone you can claim for it on your house insurance. The stone will be replaced in the U.K.

Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
201 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Faulty Jewellery Raw Diamond Kalkan

When I lost a stone from my diamond cluster ring it did not occur to me to do other than get a replacement and claim on my insurance. I wear it all the time and when a diamond worked loose and was lost it did not cause me to blame the craftsman. I don't know what was on your guarantee but are you sure it wasn't an assurance of the quality in terms of stones and gold rather than an insurance policy against loss or damage?

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Faulty Jewellery Raw Diamond Kalkan

You will have no answer to your calls as you are contacting them out of season. Season ends in October in Kalkan and the town is like a ghost town. You are best to bring it back next year or as the other replies suggest replace it on your insurance of your home. Good luck!

6. Re: Faulty Jewellery Raw Diamond Kalkan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 January 2013, 13:05
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Faulty Jewellery Raw Diamond Kalkan

Hi Rosie

I am a personal friend of Abdullah from Raw Diamond. At the time you were trying to contact him, unfortunately his mother died very unexpectedly and he had to leave Kalkan earlier than normal.

I agree that this is probably a domestic insurance claim, but having spoken to Abdullah he has asked me to let you know that if you contact him during the season he will do all he can to put your ring right.

If you have his mobile number, he is contactable out of season. Alternatively, the season begins mid April this year.

Hope this helps.

8. Re: Faulty Jewellery Raw Diamond Kalkan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan