We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cant decide Kalkan or Kas - help!

Uk
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cant decide Kalkan or Kas - help!

A friend has recommended kalkan, we havent been to turkey before, and woudl like to visit first week in september, we are 2 adults late 30s who like nice restaurants, bars of an evening and lovely views by day while relaxing at the pool

As research has developed i have stumbled across Kas which also looks lovely, does anyone have any advice/recommendations on which one/hotel etc

Thanks!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Cant decide Kalkan or Kas - help!

We love both we stay in Kalkan but visit Kas every time both great places we prefer Kalkan but the best thing is the drive between the two ! Dont miss it whichever one you choose !

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Cant decide Kalkan or Kas - help!

"the best thing is the drive between the two"

Not as fun nowadays since they've installed a crash barrier all along on the sea side.

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
742 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Cant decide Kalkan or Kas - help!

Top tip.. to get the best views on the journey using the Dolmus between Kas and Kalkan choose a window seat on the left, for the journey Kalkan to Kas choose a window seat on the right.

Angelasurrey, I wouldn't recommend to anyone to try to look all round Kalkan in one day, you have to take Kalkan at Kalkan pace.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Cant decide Kalkan or Kas - help!

hi FFF,

<<my other half's 50th birthday<<<< sending my best wishes for his BD !!!

are you hiring a car ?? try and get a trip to kekova / simena !! you will love it..any sightseeing planned

Edited: 20 February 2013, 10:33
Worcestershire
Level Contributor
244 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Cant decide Kalkan or Kas - help!

Hi Canmom

Many thanks for your best wishes for his 50th birthday - I shall pass them on!

Yes, we will have a car. Haven't planned any sightseeing as yet, although must get a list going and put kekova/simena on it! I'll probably post on the Kas forum to get some more ideas.

Hope you and the family are well and things are OK at beautiful Cirali!

FFF xx

Newcastle upon...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Cant decide Kalkan or Kas - help!

Definitley kalkan it's so pretty and romantic visit kas for the day and you will see you made the best decision will be returning July to stay in a villa can't wait have been to a few places in Turkey kalkan the best some great boat trips from the harbour and free boats over to beach clubs

England
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Cant decide Kalkan or Kas - help!

Hi

We are staying on the Kas peninsular in June and I was wondering what the walk is like in to town I understand it is about 4km we are in our 30 and quiet fit ?

We choose the peninsular as we wanted some peace and quiet but are now concerned we might be isolated and a bit bored . We are torn between hiring a car but not sure about driving in Turkey !

Any insight you can give me would be appreciated.

Thank you

NWales
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Cant decide Kalkan or Kas - help!

Please see my post dated 13th. Feb. which should help. If you have any more queries do not hesitate to ask.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,105 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Cant decide Kalkan or Kas - help!

Do not rent a car if you are on the peninsula of Kaş, some streets are soooo steep!! And also İ wonder how much car park space there could be. İt is not such a tough walk, and there are minibuses driving to town too. A walk is always possible but it could be pretty hot in the summer and there is not much shade.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Cant decide Kalkan or Kas - help!

Personally I couldn't stay on the peninsular without a car - too far from Kas for walking especially in the height of summer. I would feel very cut off without access to a car. Most villas have space to park a car.

Get answers to your questions about Kalkan