We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Kalkan gone down hill?

Chipping Campden...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Has Kalkan gone down hill?

We first visited Kalkan over 10 years ago and have been back almost every year since. As I'm sure many of you know, the place has seen huge expansion during this time with new villas and apartments spreading up the once enpty hillsides. Despite this, it has always managed to maintain its charm and authenticity, especially in the centre of town.

Our last trip was in August 2010. During this visit we saw, among other things, lasers being projected onto the hills from a newly opened nightclub. This gave us the impression that Kalkan could finally be heading the same way as Bodrum & Marmaris (18-30s, pushy night club reps, loud music, football on TVs everywhere etc etc). We now find ourselves torn between revisiting a place we have enjoyed for many years and being worried that our favourite holiday destination may no longer be the place we fell in love with.

Your honest opinions on these thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hornsea, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Has Kalkan gone down hill?

Thanks for your 4 post's ediloam, nowhere is perfect or paradise, its not that kind of world! I for one won't bother looking at recommended page.

rugeley
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Has Kalkan gone down hill?

Where is the insight into real Kalkan life. It just seems a bitter and twisted rant with no justification.

Kalkan is beautiful people live there just as in any town and village and they are all sorts. Thats what makes Kalkan so lovely.

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Has Kalkan gone down hill?

I have reported Ediloams posting...totally inappropriate - most bizarre!!

Hornsea, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Has Kalkan gone down hill?

Thank You FAED. This is a friendly forum for people who like to share holidays tips and knowledge. Hopefully we can now resume. It was probably just a wind-up!!

25. Re: Has Kalkan gone down hill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 April 2013, 20:35
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
228 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Has Kalkan gone down hill?

yes thank you i was enjoying our chats too until he done that, some strange people out there. back to nice talk on kalkan now :) x

Hornsea, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Has Kalkan gone down hill?

Another excellent site for Kalkan is www.kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
228 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Has Kalkan gone down hill?

ooh just looked at that site its fab. thanks x

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
17,175 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Has Kalkan gone down hill?

Yes, it's a good website and if you join you can download a voucher for 20% off the ViP Lounge at Dalaman and also another one for 10% off the Adlets Shop at the Airport :0)

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
228 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Has Kalkan gone down hill?

iv just joined so i will have a look, thanks

Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations