We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant that sit on cushions????

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
223 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant that sit on cushions????

can anyone tell me of a restaurant in kalkan that you sit on cushions on the floor. I read about it somewhere & that it was good but have forgot the name.

thanks

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant that sit on cushions????

Try Belgins Kitchen

Or rooftop of foto pizza

Edited: 07 February 2013, 21:20
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
223 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant that sit on cushions????

are they both good ?

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant that sit on cushions????

To be honest we haven't eaten at Belgins Kitchen since 1992 ! that is not to say there is anything wrong with it, just that there are only so many days in a holiday and just too many fabulous places to eat in Kalkan! I can remember what I had it was Kadinbudu Kofte (Lady's Thighs) and was delicious!

Foto Pizza, we eat their last year for the 1st time and was pleasantly surprised as well as great pizza they do great fish and from memory a great prawn casserole, the view is fabulous and Efes was just 4TL

They are very different places but why not try both and report back!?

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant that sit on cushions????

OH just pointed out that Cafe Vita (our local when out working on our villa) also has a great Turkish seating area... sorry Mustafa for not mentioning you in my 1st post!

Edited: 07 February 2013, 23:19
Lancashire
Level Contributor
587 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant that sit on cushions????

They have Turkish seating down at Fenner cafe also, as well as regular tables.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
223 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant that sit on cushions????

well i might as well try them all. any excuse i say . thanks all x

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,504 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant that sit on cushions????

If you decide to book any trips, there is one that goes to Tlos and Saklikent Gorge. On this trip you call into Yaka Park for lunch which is a lovely restaurant in the mountains that has a trout farm. So, you sit at Turkish low tables amongst waterfalls and trees and you have the freshest bbq of meze, trout and salads, you can also watch the women making bread. There is also a bar that the baby trout swim along. If you manage to stay in the freezing pool of water (totally optional) you get a free meal.

So, if you get the chance pay Tlos Yaka Park a vist.

http://www.yakapark.com/

London
Level Contributor
251 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurant that sit on cushions????

Hi Betty

Think you are referring to Belgin's Kitchen as someone else has already mentioned. You can look it up on the Kalkan Restaurant review section on here, it has mixed reviews I'm afraid. We have never eaten here, personally. For authentic cuisine in a basic setting, I can recommend Oz Adana.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Kalkan!

PP

Ipswich
Level Contributor
555 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurant that sit on cushions????

We ate at Belgin's kitchen on our first trip to Kalkan in 2001. Lovely atmosphere and food good but we prefer to sit on a chair at a table to eat! Probably due to no longer being in the first flush of youth and not having the most flexible of joints!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
223 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurant that sit on cushions????

ha that made me laugh blynda9. no promissing i will get up mind when i do it but will try anything once! seems mixed reports on the food there now too. think im going to be spoilt for food by the sounds of it :)

Get answers to your questions about Kalkan