We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Boat Trip ?

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Which Boat Trip ?

Hi again

We are a family of Nine, 6 Adults and 3 kids ages 10,11 & 15.

We are holidaying in Kalkan for the first time this August, and i am keen to go on a boat trip for the day while we are there.

So a question for you Kalkan regulars.

If you were going to do just one boat trip, which one would you recommend ?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, and any information such as prices or which boats to use would be great too.

Many thanks

Kevin

west yorks
Level Contributor
646 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Boat Trip ?

For me, if it had to be just one trip, it would be on Yildiz with Captain Osman and his wife Zeynap. It's a lovely relaxing day out with fabulous food. The Yildiz boats are very popular so you would need perhaps to book in advance for it, especially with you being a large group. Osman and Zeynap are a lovely couple and they do an amazing lunch!!!

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
740 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Boat Trip ?

My choice would be Zeus as a private hire, great day out with captain Ali, our teenagers enjoy snorkeling with him, he has a new larger boat this year but for Aug I would suggest book ahead.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Boat Trip ?

Another vote for Yildiz with Osman for me too but not been on Zeus.

Definately go for the private hire for so many of you because Yildiz only holds 12 people and you could have it all to yourselves!

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Boat Trip ?

Well Yildiz and Captain Osman certainly have rave reviews on this site, i've just been reading them and they all say what an excellent day out it is !!

Do the trips run daily do you know, and any idea how i might be able to book in advance for Private Hire.

Is there a website maybe ?

Thanks

west yorks
Level Contributor
646 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Boat Trip ?

Hi kevin, its yildizboat.com.

N Wales
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Boat Trip ?

I've only done Zeus last year - 2 adults and three teenagers and all enjoyed it, especially my daughter who is a very strong swimmer - Ali took her snorkeling and they smashed open a sea urchin to feed the fish.

Contact is Ali 0533 447 0175 or Tracy 0537 227 2402 tlcinturkey@yahoo.co.uk

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
115 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Boat Trip ?

We always used the Moby Dick boats with either Denis or Recep as captain....lovely day out

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Boat Trip ?

Another vote for Zeus and Captain Ali. We have been going out with Ali for over 10 years and my kids now in their early 20s have loved each trip. They now go with their partners and it is still a highlight of each holiday. Fab food and hospitali. All snorkeling equipment on board. Fab new boat for this year, takes max 12 people. Contact Tracy on the email address above for a cost for private trip. You won't regret this wonderful day out.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Boat Trip ?

Thanks for your recommendations and contact details guys and girls.

Very much appreciated.

I will contact both Yildiz & Zeus, and make a decision from there, and i will definitely be booking in advance as you advise, as it sounds like a fabulous day out and something i wouldn't want to miss during our stay.

I'm sure i'll be back with some more questions before we go lol.

Thanks again.

Kevin

Halifax
Level Contributor
247 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Boat Trip ?

Hi, I have booked Yildiz 3 for August, Yildiz 2 was not available for the date I wanted.

Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations