We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time Kalkan

Leeds, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
First Time Kalkan

Hi, i am holiydaying in Kalkan for 7 days next week with my partner and have budgetted £100 per day. I am going self catering and wondered if any previous travellers on a budget have found that they needed more when they were out there as some reviews have got me thinking i need more in order to be able to relax on holiday and not be thinking about the budget too much. I understand i wont be able to do everything and go everywhere but hope that this is enough to cover eating out (somewhere decent), taxis back and forth from the town to eagles nest and the odd trip. i have looked at previous reviews about prices of eating out but again dont know how much that cuts into there budget. Are the excursions fairly priced? Do you have to pay a fee to go to the beach clubs or is it free? Apologies for the huge statement (first time posting on trip advisor) Any help would be appreciated

Leeds
Level Contributor
265 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time Kalkan

Hi

We are currently in Kalkan staying not far from the Eagles Nest at the Fidanka Hotel.

There is a beach club - Kalkan Beach Park just down the hill from where you are staying. it's free to use the facilities and the restaurant and bar are reasonably priced too. They also have a water taxi to and from Kalkan harbour during the day which is also free I have been told. We haven't used it as we have a hire car.

Eating out in Kalkan is not expensive in the great scheme of things- 2 courses each and a bottle of wine is on average 130 TL for two.

We have done two trips so far - the Sunken City boat cruise which was stunning and so relaxed - it was £22 each including a lovely lunch on board and canoeing on the river - a cracking day out - it was £20 each including lunch.

We are off for a boat trip round Kalkan bay tomorrow - that's £15 each for the day again with lunch on board.

As we are not self catering I can't tell you the price of food but the supermarkets do nice wine for around £5 a bottle and its a £1.75 for a big bottle of Efes.

Hope you enjoy your holiday as much as we have - its our first time in Kalkan and have already agreed to come back next year.

Leeds
Level Contributor
265 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time Kalkan

Oh sorry I forgot - taxis into Kalkan are about 16TL each way

Lichfield, Staffs
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time Kalkan

Hi- could you tell me which company you booked the the trip to the Sunken City and how long did it take to get there from Kalkan ?

We are going to be in Kalkan the summer but one company suggested it took 4 hours but that might have been a ploy to convince us to book an overnight trip

west yorks
Level Contributor
657 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time Kalkan

Hi Jaexile, we did the Sunken city trip last year with Adda tours and as Gaspodeleeds says it is a cracking day out. Adda tours pick you up from your hotel/apartment and take you in to Kas where you pick the boat up. They don't book too many people on the boat and you get a really good lunch. Can recommend it for a relaxing day out.

Leeds
Level Contributor
265 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time Kalkan

Hi

The sunken city boat trip takes about an hour to get to where you join the boat. It's just past Kas. The 4 hours each way trip you mention may be a trip to Ephesus which a few hundred miles north - it's meant to be really impressive but personally I think it's too far to travel for me from Kalkan .

6. Re: First Time Kalkan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan