We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bars and entertainment

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
bars and entertainment

Hi we are thinking of going to kalkan in July with my two daughters age 18&14 they will be coming out with us at night we are in our forty and like going to restaurants then heading for a bar with entertainment Turkish dancing,live music etc not jazz really,was trying to look to see if there will be enough bars to visit we don't want nightclubs but want it to be lively enough.also we are looking at an apartment in the saniel complex I think the lyka spa hotel at the bottom are these far from everything also as it is only a small beach would it be really busy,the other place we were looking at is gumbet we want lovely scenery family feel lovely pref sand beach I know kalkan hasn't.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bars and entertainment

I have just read reviews for gumbet but now not sure people said larger louts etc so any ideas on place we have been to ovacik,hisaronu,oludeniz loved the scenery and there was enough to do not too big resort which is what we like.

HUDDERSFIELD
Level Contributor
119 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bars and entertainment

If you don't want lager louts etc but do want a beach have a look at Dalyan. It's got fabulous scenery, loads of bars and lovely restaurants but the commercial chains like KFC haven't arrived yet. Its a really lovely, friendly place. It's on a river estuary so you have to get a boat to the beach but the scenery on the way is fabulous and you can spot turtles in the sea. The beach is very nice with sunbeds for hire, toilets and a couple of snack bars. We have been to both Kalkan and Dalyan and love them both. We usually book a villa on www.ownersdirect.com

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: bars and entertainment

Hi kalkan is about stunning views and beautiful upmarket restaurants enjoy !

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bars and entertainment

loads of bars, restaurants etc. several beach clubs including Kalamar beach club where many of the teens tend meet during the day, not 18-30s style.. most teens visiting Kalkan do so with family just as you describe, our 2 have been going for several years and enjoy the freedom of exploring after we have had a meal at one of the many fabulous restaurants, We all used to stick together in an evening but as they got slightly older it is M&D off in one direction for a quiet(ish) drink and soak up the atmosphere whilst the offspring seek livelier entertainment,

I think it would be approx 12min walk to the top of the old town from your apartments and not too steep on the way back.

if you want a sandy beach a short ride on the dolmus to Patara 15km stretch of unspoilt sand often voted as one of the top beaches.. or even closer in the other direction is Kaputas beach is an internationally famous sandy swimming cove located at the foot of a dramatic gorge. Located only ten minutes drive from Kalkan, Kaputas Beach features the clearest of turquoise waters and despite is size never gets over crowded.

Whilst Kaputas Beach does not have any facilities you will often find enterprising locals selling refreshments, snacks and sun umbrellas. Please note there are a number of steep steps down to the beach.

I made a virtual tour of Kalkan Nov 2011 see :

gyrapix.co.uk/360/…Gyrapix_Project14.html

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
688 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bars and entertainment

July heat alone will have them asleep by midnight! Haha. Iv been going to Kalkan for a few years now. I'm just about to turn 24. I go with my grandparents in their late 50s and my partner. We find there's plenty to do, but to be honest, there's not a lot we do want to do on an evening but relax. There's usually many families about. Teenager's in their late teens with their parents. There's a great feel and atmosphere in Kalkan. One I haven't felt in any other place in Turkey. There's plenty of places that offer live music. If your 18 year old wanted it a bit more lively theres a handful of places that would probably be more suited like club mojito.

Down by the harbour is definitely a favourite for us after a nice meal. We enjoy a few cocktails at Yakamoz Before heading back to the blissful air con at the villa. Kalkan is a gift for all in my opinion.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bars and entertainment

Thank you was a bit worried if it was too quiet or same entertainment every night then we might get bored as we do need some atmosphere and don't want it too quiet at night,also I have heard road works are going on does anyone know if this is finished or are we going to turn up with rds up.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: bars and entertainment

Hi all roadworks will be finished end of April or early May ! You be all right in July enjoy

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,637 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bars and entertainment

If you loved Hisaronu, Ovacik and Oldeniz I think you will find Kalkan very different. It may not be for you.

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bars and entertainment

Roadworks have been a nightmare with more or less all the roads in the old town being dug up at the same time, new drains and services installed and they are now finishing off the new surfaces (natural stone). I was there late March and during the 17 days there was a massive difference, progress has continued and the majority will be completed by the end of April with some of the small side roads being finished early May. KTLN see …turkishlocalnews.com/portal/kalkan-news/355… and the EnjoyKalkan forum have kept people informed of the initial lack of progress and now the typically Turkish 'planned' mad rush to complete in time for the season.

Edited: 17 April 2014, 10:44
London
Level Contributor
249 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bars and entertainment

If your looking for a selection of 'lively' bars then Kalkan is not for you. if your looking for amazing restaurants, stunning views, the most friendly people you could ever wish to met, a bucket load of charm, relaxing surroundings, a few 'not to loud' bars then Kalkan is def for you.....but be aware, once bitten by the Kalkan bug there is no known cure.....you have been Warned !!!

Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations