We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How noisy is the D400?

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
How noisy is the D400?

I have a villa booked near Mese Sk and the Samira Resort Hotel facing the D400. I wondered if anyone could say how much noise to expect. I am worried that we will have constant traffic noise all day/night when sitting outside by the pool so would really like to get an idea of what to expect. Thanks in anticipation.

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How noisy is the D400?

It's not a very busy road.. every few mins during the day a car goes past.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 23:23
Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How noisy is the D400?

I don't think you will be troubled much..more annoying are the occasional high revving motorbikes which can be heard screaming along the dual carriageway - but that is only very rarely and at night.... I am sure you will have a great holiday!!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How noisy is the D400?

I wouldn't worry about it - I think you will be fine. It really isn't a very busy road.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
688 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How noisy is the D400?

As others have said, don't worry not to busy. Found it to be very quiet on an night for sure.

oxford
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How noisy is the D400?

We have never backed on to this road but have needed to cross it to venture in and out of town, it is extremely quiet in May and June and I suspect does not get hugely more busy during August. I really don't think that road noise will be an issue for you.

Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How noisy is the D400?

I didn't go with my original booking and instead went for one away from the D400. I can however see it clearly from the top of my new villa and I can say that while it isn't jam packed there is a constant steady flow of traffic pretty much all the time. How noisy it is I can't tell as I am a distance away but there seems to be enough traffic to justify my decision to change.

stockport
Level Contributor
256 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How noisy is the D400?

We have a villa 100 metres above the road, never been disturbed by traffic - day or night!

8. Re: How noisy is the D400?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations