We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalkan Vs Olu Deniz

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
287 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kalkan Vs Olu Deniz

Hi Guys,

We(a couple in there 40's&50's) first visited Turkey 2 years ago & stayed in Olu Deniz,we had a great time & loved Olu Deniz.

Were now staying in Kalkan for 10 nights at the end of June,we can't wait !

I was wondering how Kalkan compares to Olu Deniz in general ? Is it much quieter,more expensive etc etc ?

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalkan Vs Olu Deniz

Much better, Much classier and because of this you may pay a little more but believe me it will be with every lira. Enjoy, I'm sure you will have a wonderful holiday.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalkan Vs Olu Deniz

Hi kalkan is more expensive than olu Deniz the restaurants in kalkan are lot more upmarket . Kalkan has a lovely chilled atmosphere at night time ! Enjoy

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,884 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalkan Vs Olu Deniz

Might have been a good idea to ask this question before you booked... Kalkan is more expensive and quieter, it is also a lot smaller.

4. Re: Kalkan Vs Olu Deniz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 17:13
5. Re: Kalkan Vs Olu Deniz

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 17:23
Edited: 15 May 2014, 17:23
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kalkan Vs Olu Deniz

Hazy Davy, we visited Turkey for the first time last year and stayed in Kalkan. Turkey had never been on 'our list' before and to be honest, we weren't expecting too much. We couldn't have been more wrong. We were well and truly hit by the Kalkan bug and we're booked to go back this year. We visited Olu Deniz for the day last year just to get out and about a bit and, we couldn't wait to get back to Kalkan. In my opinion, Kalkan is much more sophisticated and up market that Olu Deniz. I'm sure some people will say this makes it more expensive, but bearing in mind this was our first ever trip to Turkey, we found it quite cheap.

We loved it, hope you do too,

Manchester
Level Contributor
287 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kalkan Vs Olu Deniz

Thanks guys, for your replys,most helpful ! your answers pretty much confirmed what I thought & were pleased we booked to go to Kalkan.....can't wait to go !

8. Re: Kalkan Vs Olu Deniz

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 17:13
London
Level Contributor
237 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kalkan Vs Olu Deniz

IMHO you have made a wonderful choice, but be prepared to be bitten or should I say smitten ;-))

Be great to hear Your opinion on your return.

Onelove.

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kalkan Vs Olu Deniz

We went to Kalkan for the first time last year and we are going back again in 9 weeks time. We've never been to the same holiday destination twice before.........Enjoy! You will love it I'm sure :)

Get answers to your questions about Kalkan