We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help..... Half Day Boat Trip

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire uk
Level Contributor
91 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Help..... Half Day Boat Trip

Help required please. I would love ( I think ) to do a half day boat trip ( about 3 or 4 hours max) but I'm not very good on the water ..... Or in it ! Lol. We won't really require lunch just a few drinks maybe. Does can one know of a boat that would be willing to do just the half day?? , if so, would you know the best way to contact them ? We go to KK every Sept but have never been on a boat trip . There will prob be 4 adults. Many thanks for any help or info . Xx

barrow-in-furness
Level Contributor
241 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help..... Half Day Boat Trip

Walk along the harbour , bound to be a boat to take you out for a few hours.

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help..... Half Day Boat Trip

To be quite honest - depending on when in September you are going - I think you will hard pushed to find a boat to take just 4 people out for a few hours - or if you do - you will probably be charged for a full day rate as a private boat which I think will be too much money to make it worthwhile...

Hampshire uk
Level Contributor
91 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help..... Half Day Boat Trip

Thank u for your reply, I thought it may be a problem to do half a day but I still live in hope lol. Can anyone suggest someone I could contact , I don't know any names of the boats or owners. Thanks again x

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help..... Half Day Boat Trip

You could perhaps ask if they would do a 4 hour trip in the evening when they return following a day trip.

Say 7 - 11pm , a few drinks and maybe mezes or BBQ. I too doubt any of the captains will want to give up a full day trip to take a half day so this would be a compromise. The evening trip is lovely sitting out at sea , large drink in hand watching the sun go down, bliss! Try Captain Ali on Zeus, highly recommended.

Hampshire uk
Level Contributor
91 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help..... Half Day Boat Trip

Thank u, that's an idea to try if I have no luck. X

Hampshire uk
Level Contributor
91 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help..... Half Day Boat Trip

Hi, I've been trying to get in contact with captain Ali from Zeus boat. I have tried emailing but had no reply. Has anyone got contact email for them. Many thanks .

England, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help..... Half Day Boat Trip

Anothre thought is that you take the plunge and hire out a private boat for the day, but then as it is your own private boat the captain will go only as far as you want - you are the client. We had one wherea couple of our party weren't that well, and we just went back and forth on one side of the bay protected from the slight swell that comes into it around the islands. We just went to the same three spots and it was fine. Then if you want to come back mid-trip you can, or you may find that you are fine and you stay out all day. You might also want to re-book the type of food that you want to eat as well, so that there is plenty of bread for you.

I don't have an up-to-date email address for Captain Ali, but someone else on the forum suggested 00905334470175

However there are lots of boats in the harbour and we have been on most of them successfully. If you are hiring a villa/apartment, then ask the owner, if not then first night wander down and look at the boats along the harbour wall. Some posters may recommend going in a large boat as they won't be so prone to the waves, but we did not find that the case at all, and you have no control over where and when you travel.

We had a small boat called Maya but no idea if she is still in Kalkan this year.

Hampshire uk
Level Contributor
91 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help..... Half Day Boat Trip

Thanks for your help and info Ringer , was it really expensive to hire a private boat?? Did you find it in the harbour ?? . It's a good option . Thanks again , Jen x

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help..... Half Day Boat Trip

The above mobile no is correct. You cAn contact Ali's partner on tlcinturkey@yahoo.co.uk to make a booking. The cost for private hire for a full day us around £200.

Hampshire uk
Level Contributor
91 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help..... Half Day Boat Trip

Thanks Kalkanisbest, I have sent message to tlcinturkey but didn't get a reply. I will try again . 😄

Get answers to your questions about Kalkan