We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitos

Heading out to kalkan next week, anyone know what the mosquito situation is like, do I need to take a bag load of repellant??

Thanks

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitos

No need to bring anything - if necessary you can buy SinKov and Off here cheaply. They are regularly spraying...so unless you are particularly prone - you should be fine with these products.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,964 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitos

Try Boots "Repel" a nature produce, very safe with no harmful Deet contence. I used it sucessfully for the last three weeks.

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitos

Thanks both, so the area does have mozzies then. Used to going to Dubai where there are no Mosquitos, thinks it's too hot for them out there!

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitos

Yes there are mossies but they are kept pretty under control by the local council who go spraying - however, if you go up to Islamlar or Patara where there is no spraying of an evening - you will need to spray yourself!!

Enjoy!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,964 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitos

It's not just mozzies that bite lots of other pesky insects too. I find the flies the worst.

Essex
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitos

We really suffered at the beginning of June with gnats and flies! I would definitely spray

HUDDERSFIELD
Level Contributor
119 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitos

Just got back. Never been bit before but got 3 bites this time despite Deet.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
115 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquitos

I'm very prone to being bitten and always use the local Sin Kov and Off

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
689 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mosquitos

Ants that seem to get me the most!

10. Re: Mosquitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations