We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The front.

Dorking
Level Contributor
552 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
The front.

After reading lots of opinions on the planning of the new style seafront restaurant area in the winter on this and other forums where restaurants were losing pavement space could anyone say how this has turned out? Does it look better and offer strollers better access? Are play areas tasteful? Be fascinated to know. Are people running the gauntlet of greeters or left alone more?

Have restaurants built roof tops to minimise the loss of tables?

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The front.

The major work that was carried out over winter was new services in the old town, this required digging up the majority of the old town roads, the new surfaces are granite sets and IMO look very nice and in keeping with the old town, they are less slippy and new steps and ramps added. There was major chaos and mess during the winter but all sorted as the season started (I felt for the locals trying to live and work in the old town during this period).

Separately the harbour area 'plan' that I believe is a government requirement was updated (the old one was from 1992 I think) as far as I am aware the plan is still just a plan, no firm time scales are mentioned (I think the requirement is to have an up to date plan...) one or two structures that had been built on the 'public' areas have gone but the open seating areas with temporary shading remain.

Dorking
Level Contributor
552 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The front.

Thanks. I had not grasped that the new development was purely a plan still.

3. Re: The front.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations