We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby friendly transfers from airport

Mudanya, Turkey
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Baby friendly transfers from airport

Does anyone know any baby friendly ( as in have car seats etc) transfer firms? Any recommendations would be great. I live up a near Istanbul and know how scary and bad many drivers are here!!! Failing that just any recommendation would be great. I am thinking of flying in to dalaman airport:) thanks in advance :)

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
753 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby friendly transfers from airport

I know definetours have baby and child seats

barrow-in-furness
Level Contributor
250 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby friendly transfers from airport

All of them, they all provide bay car seats. The request for one is almost always on the booking/enquiry form.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,778 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby friendly transfers from airport

As the Turks in general do not use baby seats, baby usually sits on the Mother's knee. Made sure that the place you use has the correct size seat for your baby. Just saying a baby seat will mean you could get any size.

We use a place close to us which has a stock of baby seats for all sizes. We always specify what size seat we want and we always get it. The seats we get are good quality. We have seen some in other hire cars which are next to useless.

Mudanya, Turkey
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby friendly transfers from airport

Thanks all that's really useful :)

Mudanya, Turkey
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby friendly transfers from airport

jane thanks for the reply I know how awful car safety is here hence my query! Just out of ignorance are there special,seat sizes or do y just ask for by age do you know? I've just never been in a taxi here with a car seat ever!!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,778 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby friendly transfers from airport

We usually ask for age. My Granddaughter first came when she was 11 months old. She is now 4 years old. We have always used to same company and this time asked the for a 4 year old's car seat.

In the U.K. it can go by age and weight depending on the child. However, in Turkey it seems to be just age.

Edited: 13 July 2014, 00:00
Mudanya, Turkey
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baby friendly transfers from airport

Thanks for that :)

8. Re: Baby friendly transfers from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations