We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dalyan v kalkan

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
dalyan v kalkan

Hi, we are a family of four (2 teenagers), and have been to Dalyan a clue of years running. Absolutely loved it! Fancy a change this year and have been recommended Kalkan and The Pasha hotel in particular. Has anybody out there got any advice or opinion on us visiting kalkan next August? Thanks in advance! Joanne

Kinross, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dalyan v kalkan

We've been to Kalkan twice and are going again in a couple of weeks - we spent a couple of nights at Dalyan on the way home last year.

Without wishing to be snobbish - Kalkan is a bit more up market - things are slightly more expensive there - everything from the tourist shops / fake stores to food, less British type Watneys Red Barrel bars with Sky Sports - although you get that if you look for it. I don't seek to be seen in the 'in places' with the set so telling me that Roman Abramovich and Daniel Craig were there earlier in the year doesn't light my fire.

Not sure how our teenage kids woiuld have taken to Kalkan - lots of it's boring, theres nothing to do ie no water park, no McDonalds etc but the beach clubs are nice - boat trips are great and superb value and we've only had one bad dining experience - the meal was great but we paid for it the following day if you undertsand.

Kalkan is not like Dalyan in that it's on the side of a very steep hill so not ideal for those with mobility problems.

Dalyan is good because of the proximity to the airport - loads of people love Dalyan and there's nothing wrong with it - I just prefer Kalkan.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dalyan v kalkan

As a third option have you considered Kas? It is quite close to Kalkan - if you want to visit (and see what you are missing) but, in my experience a better holiday venue, especially with the teenagers. It is a bigger town, with superior shops and a wide range of bars and restaurants.- it actually feels more like Dalyan. It may be worth a bit of research to see if it suits you.

uk
Level Contributor
60 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dalyan v kalkan

Hello, there are lots of posts on here comparing the two destinations, and having been to and loved Dalyan, we wanted the best of both worlds and went to Kalkan for a week followed by Dalyan for a week. It was great to have a change after the first week. We loved Kalkan and would go back, however there seemed to be less "going on" in the evening, particularly for your teenagers. However the day time trips were great and i thoroughly recommend getting a boat trip from Kalkan harbour or a visit to Saklikent gorge or Patara beach- both could be reached from Kas if you stayed there. We found Kalkan eating drinking more expensive, but the quality of the food and the beautiful roof top restaurants were second to none. Dalyan is bigger with more nightlife, and will always have a special place in our hearts, everyone has their favourites :)

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dalyan v kalkan

There is also a thread further down that covers this topic quite well too if you want some more opinions!!

Enjoy!

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
115 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dalyan v kalkan

Kalkan is great for teenagers especially during urge school holidays. There are a few quite lovely bars where all the young people meet and we always felt our daughters were safe going out by themselves....with all the usual "rules" in place!

6. Re: dalyan v kalkan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations