We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry into kas from Meis

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
1 post
Save Topic
Entry into kas from Meis

Can anyone tell me if you can enter into Turkey from Meis. Friends will be meeting me in kas and will be coming from Athen to Meis.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entry into kas from Meis

Yes you can,

I fact many ex-pats in the area use the Kas - Meis crossing to renew visas on a regular basis.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,035 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entry into kas from Meis

I know the other way around it does not work, Meis is not seen as an official entry post into Greece, so you can visit Meis for a day of longer, but you are not allowed to continue your trip into Greece to other islands. But as said by KKOB, you can renew a Turkish visa to hop to Meis for a few hours. So they will have no problems.

kas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Entry into kas from Meis

Hi everybody,

There are many restaurant owners who come and go to kas for shopping and you can join them on their trips.

At the moment Meis is building a new building for the customs and the greek parlement is talking about Kastellorizo (Meis) becoming in-and-out port.

www.kastellorizo.org/megisti/english.html

Hideaway

Stockholm
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Entry into kas from Meis

How do you find boats to get out of the Alanya ares in order to receive a new visa?

Is Cyprus the best place to go, or Greece?

Kas - Meis? Where do I find info about ferries?

Very greatful for quick reply to monica@ord-stil.se

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entry into kas from Meis

Silver 42

There are no ferries to Meis from Kas.

What you have are smallish boats that go from Kas harbour. The journey time is about 15-20 minutes, not really a big enough distance for a ferry.

Most people who want to go over to Meis go down to the harbour the night before and book. Not all boats have a license to go into Meis but those that have will advertise the fact on the quayside.

Stockholm
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Entry into kas from Meis

Thank you for your input. How far from Alanya is Kas and how do you go there? IS it ikay with the authorities to just be out of the country for one night and then come back again in order to get a new tourist visa in Kas?

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,035 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Entry into kas from Meis

Hello silver,

you do not even need to stay overnight, going and coming on the same day gives you a new 90 days visa.

Good luck!

Stockholm
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Entry into kas from Meis

That sounds perfect!

Now, where is Kas located in comparison to Alanya or Antalya?

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,035 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Entry into kas from Meis

Hello,

Antalya is just no 200 kilometers, takes about 4 hours by bus.

If this is about a visa renewal do not wait untail the very last day, in case you can't get a boat to take you over for whatever reason like weather.

10. Re: Entry into kas from Meis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Kas