We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food and drink

england
2 posts
Save Topic
food and drink

how much does food and drink cost in kas?????

Istanbul
Level Contributor
164 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food and drink

Dinner&drinks in a restaurant costs an avegare 25-30 YTL per person (a salad-one main course-drink) or above 50 YTL if you eat in a fish restaurant. There are lunch menus in limited restaurants which are 10-15 YTL. Eating out in Kas is similar to cafe/restaurant prices in big cities. There are plenty of choices in Kas so you can choose the one convenient for yourself. Menus are always displayed outside.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food and drink

There are a great variety of places to eat in Kas, just like any other resort. What you will pay obviously depends largely on the type of restaurant / cafe you choose and of course how much alcohol you drink.

We have just got back from two weeks there and our meal prices on this trip ranged from 15 ytl a head up to perhaps 40 ytl a head.

Whilst we don't tend to go to what some may call 'up market' restaurants we do eat many of the 'tourist' restaurants by the harbour where there is a good atmosphere and just as good food.

We feel that we eat very well for the cost which normally includes two or three alcoholic drinks each (including wine) and on occasion would include fish which tends to be a little more expensive than other dishes.

As an example my wife and I had a meal in the Cinarlar pizza garden which consisted of complementary starters/entrees (Haydari and ezme/chilly salad) 2 pizzas, 2 ice creams, 3 beers (possibly 4 but who's counting!) and 2 glasses of wine for about 55 ytl. Ok so pizzas are generally quite cheap. We also ate in the Sultan Garden (which is right by the harbour in a great setting) where again we had a two course meal (including sea bass and an adana kebab), 4 beers ( I was thirsty) and two glasses of wine plus complimentary dessert for 80 ytl.

Some of the smaller cafes and that are set back a little from the main harbour area usually offer good food very cheaply although the menus may be more limited .

A large (50cl) bottle of beer ranges from 3.5ytl up to perhaps 5 ytl and a bottle of wine may very from 15 ytl to 30 ytl or more depending on the label and the particulular restaurant.

I am sure that you could pay a lot more and if you are on a tight budget you can eat very cheaply if you choose where to eat a little more carefully.

Hope this helps.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food and drink

Adana's reply is spot on.

There are so many places to eat in Kaş to suit all budgets. A lot of the restaurants will offer fish such as sea bream or sea bass as part of a set menu for about 12 YTL per person including salad and a drink.

If you choose fish other than on a set menu then make sure you get it weighed and priced first. Restaurants have a habit of telling you "don,t worry I will give you special price" and then sting you.

The Sultans Garden, whilst being at the top end of the price bracket, is excellent.

Other recommendations are Lola., and Meydan (owned by the same people as Çinarlar) both in the harbour. Not to be confused with Marina restaurant which is the pits.

Away from the harbour and around the corner from Çinarlar I would strongly recommend Ahtapot. They have a new chef this year and the food is great and it is not expensive.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food and drink

Just to add somethings to Aslansmum's comments:

Totally agree about the Meydan and the Ahtapot both amongst our favourites and again agree about theMarina, went there once some years ago, never been back.

Just a quick comment about the Ahtapot, it may not look like the most appealing restaurant and perhaps the inside looks a little tired compared with some of the nearby restaurants that have been modernised but the food is excellent, some of the best we have had, especially with the new chef. It is also very good value, I don't think that we have ever spent more than 25ytl a head there.

If you like to eat in some of the less touristy places for a change sometimes, the Sofram is also worth a try.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food and drink

Adana

One of the partners/cook from Sofram has this year opened his own restaurant next door to Ahtapot - Kaş'ım. Again very cheap and good. Only downside is that they don,t like you to linger over your meal. They like a quick turnaround.

Regarding Marina restaurant, this restaurant possibly has the worst level of hygiene in Kaş. For one example the owners wife sits outside making waffles with a cigarette on the go contstantly and the ash flying all over the food.

Stirling
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: food and drink

Another wonderful restaurant is Bi Lokma. Great food and very cheap. You have to try mama's pastry!

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: food and drink

I totally agree with Kaslover, Bi Lokma is one of my favourites in Kas. Don't miss the mama's pastry and the vegetarian version of Mama's pastry with mushrooms.

Bahçe is also very good for the mezze

I also like midtown restaurant - american-turkish run (before Bahce, on your left once you're near the lycian tomb at the top of uzun çarsi, their burgers and fries are really good, and their limonades are also one of the best i ever had.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: food and drink

I haven,t managed to get to Midtown yet but have been told their garlic fries are scrummy.

I,ve had a great, but different, veggie burger at the new Pasha Cafe.

Kas has so many places to choose from.

Oh and not forgetting Hideaway (behind Akdeniz Restaurant) for Sunday brunch. A little oasis.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,907 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: food and drink

Do any of you Kas lovers know if "Smiley" (Ismael!) still has a restaurant in Kas? Few years back he moved to a big one on the front on left of Marina as coming in from the sea. Which is the Marina restaurant - where is it so we can remember to avoid for future reference!

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: food and drink

Yes it is still there near the marina.

Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations