We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kas in June - holiday heaven or insect hell?

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Heart of England
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kas in June - holiday heaven or insect hell?

I am planning a trip to Kas this June (last two weeks), but have recently been told by a Turkish aquantance that Kas and the peninsular will be absolutely full of insects (wasps, mossies and scorpions).

Can anyone advise on how accurate this information is please?

Many thanks.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kas in June - holiday heaven or insect hell?

We go to Kas regularly in June and have never had any significant problem with insects of any kind.

lancashire
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kas in June - holiday heaven or insect hell?

we have been going regularly for 7 yrs, both end of june and sept, no problems with anything creeping, slithering or flying! it`s one reason why we love kas so much !

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kas in June - holiday heaven or insect hell?

I live here all year round and have not been subjected to any of the things your Turkish aquantance is referring to. Sure, you may encounter mossies, but you will get that in any hot country.

With regard to wasps, nope, not a problem, and scorpions, - well yes I have heard some people have seen them but hardly " absolutely full of..."

Scotland
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kas in June - holiday heaven or insect hell?

Hi !

been in July without problems, where In kas are you staying?We stayed out on the peninsula very rural but no scorpions or anything else nasty! Mosquitos are there but to be honest found this more of a problem in Kas town itself.

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kas in June - holiday heaven or insect hell?

Hi,

I also agree with the previous posts.

Never had any problems with the mosquitos, whether in June or any other month in the summer.

Don't worry, have a great holiday in Kas!

Heart of England
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kas in June - holiday heaven or insect hell?

Thanks for all your replies.

A reassuringly unanimous response!

7. Re: Kas in June - holiday heaven or insect hell?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations