We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kas - suitable for teenagers? (and young at heart Mum!!)

North West England
3 posts
Save Topic
Kas - suitable for teenagers? (and young at heart Mum!!)

we are planning a trip to Turkey in August (if we can get a big enough villa at this late stage) and we are bickering about the most suitable resort. We've been offered a villa in Kas, but will this suit the whole family? Most of us are in our 40's but love music, dancing, live bands, a bit of culture and history, nice scenery etc. and we have 4 teenagers with us, who will want something lively in the evenings (wouldn't let them go clubbing, but it'd be good to know if there are any late bars/disco's etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kas - suitable for teenagers? (and young at heart Mum!!)

You could try Kalkan just next door and with loads of villa's. it is a lovely little village and there are some dancing bars. The thing about it is teenagers are so safe wondering around without mum's always tagging on, would'nt let them do this in the bigger resorts. check out www.enjoykalkan.com for teenagers or family comments about the resort. Sorry cant help you with Kas only done a quick day trip there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,875 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kas - suitable for teenagers? (and young at heart Mum!!)

Kas is a great place. A small Turkish town, based on fishing, farming and of course tourism. Loads of young people from all over the world go there - the back of the marina is lined with bars playing good music etc, restaurants etc. And nice places for the older ones too! Boat trips. Only thing is that like Kalkan, there aren't really any beaches - only a couple of small pebbly ones. If your villa has a pool (and you like swimming and sunbathing!) then that would be great. Lots of ancient sites easily accessible an hour or so drive away - Patara, Xanthos etc to the West, Kekova (boat trips) in the other direction.

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kas - suitable for teenagers? (and young at heart Mum!!)

You can try Belek, family resort but some quite lively pubs. If you were going after 15th Aug I may even be able to sort out a villa for you. I have a friend who has a large villa he hires out.I have two seventeen year old girls and i feel they are safe in belek/kadriye.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kas - suitable for teenagers? (and young at heart Mum!!)

Kas would be suitable for all of you.

There are a few really good bars that would be great for all of you. Theres a couple of disco type bars which all the teenagers would be very safe in.

Kas is a very safe town brimming with atmosphere.

It,s a good base for trips out: Saklikent, Patara, Kaputas beach, Tlos, Xanthos, Myra and Uçağız.

Loads of boat trips and you could even pop across to the Greek island of Meis (Kastellorizo) for the day.

Oh and the scenery in the region is to die for!!

Hope you have a great time.

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kas - suitable for teenagers? (and young at heart Mum!!)

Kalkan and Kas dont have great sandy beaches, not sure about Kas but Kalkan has some great beachclubs as of course you are on the sea lovely to swim from and far nicer than some of the proper beaches I feel. Sure Kas must offer the same idea of bathing platforms beachclubs, indeed it is a lovely area.

North West England
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kas - suitable for teenagers? (and young at heart Mum!!)

thanks for your helpful replies. I hadn't realised though, that neither Kas nor Kalkan didn't have a sandy beach, and there are some people in our travelling party that wouldn't be happy. Need to rethink the whole thing. We need a villa that sleeps 10 people, preferably near a sandy beach and some nightlife. Any ideas which other resorts might suit us?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,875 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kas - suitable for teenagers? (and young at heart Mum!!)

Well from Kas you do have the beautiful beach with its turquoise waters at Kaputas on the road to Kalkan - easily reached by dolmus, but there are a lot of steps down to it! Or a bit further on past Kalkan there is one of the best beaches in all Turkey at Patara - all 18 km or so of it! Again you can get there by dolmus.

Otherwise there is the famous lagoon at Olu Deniz - fine sand around the lagoon and very gently shelving, and grainier sand on the main beach. Also loads of lovely restaurants and bar behind the beach. I do not know if there are many villas in Olu itself - but there are lots in the hils above in Ovacik (or Hisaronu - but this is a bit of a "party central" favoured by the Brits).

Or you could look at Dalyan - again there is the magnificent Istuzu (or turtle) Beach. No buildings at all are allowed on the beach, but there are a lot of villas in Dalyan itself - which is inland up the river a bit. A nice small town, with a lot of nice restaurants and bars. To get to the beach you can either take the boat dolmus that wends its way down the river through the reeds to one end of the beach, or the ordinary bus dolmus that goes up over the mountains to the end (its only about 10 mins drive).

Happy hunting!

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kas - suitable for teenagers? (and young at heart Mum!!)

Oul Deniz is lovely and may well suit all your needs, as the last poster said there are some good beaches near Kas Kalkan. but these resorts are not on a sandy beach as such which suits me fine hate sand all over my suncream. However the sand on all the Turkish beaches I have been too isnt the lovely soft fine sand more the gritty stuff, Patara may have a soft sand.

lancashire
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kas - suitable for teenagers? (and young at heart Mum!!)

perhaps look at hisonaru area, the last thing you want is bored teens.ive not seen alot in kas if you are meaning 13-16yrs. there are no bannana boats etc the nights are mainly about sitting in the square and although there are late bars some with music i dont think there would be enough for my teenages.hope this helps

Scotland
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kas - suitable for teenagers? (and young at heart Mum!!)

Hi !

has to be Altinkum, it has some fantastic beaches and lots of Villas for rental. true to say it is very lively in peak season but teenagers and the " young at heart" would love it! Rather nice beach also at Side, don't know about the availability of villas though. Been to Kas twice, right out on the peninsula, wonderful! fantastic! marvellous! but only because I'm getting on a bit now! LOL!

ally

Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations