We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

foodstuffs

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
foodstuffs

What food can you take in to turkey, we are in a villa and i dont want to spend the first few days shopping, can you take cheeses, bacon in your hand luggage or does it have to go in a case?

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: foodstuffs

Sorry I can,t answer your question about bringing foodstuffs into Turkey but just to say that you can buy a good array of cheeses here. For most of the cheeses you buy in the UK there is a passable Turkish equivalent or failing that the local Migros store sells imported cheeses (but expensive).

Most villas do a "Welcome Pack" which should cover your basic needs. I doubt you would spend your first few days shopping as we don,t have any big megastores here LOL. You can do a big shop really quickly here.

One of the best supermarkets is Muhtar and is situated right in the town. You will pretty much find everything you will need, plus it has several UK brands.

2. Re: foodstuffs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations