We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bathing platforms

england
7 posts
Save Topic
Bathing platforms

Hello

Just wondering if you could recommend any sun bathing/beach club platforms with good access to the sea we may visit on days when we do not want to go to the beach. We are staying in a villa in Gokseki and would love to read your opinions and suggestions for possible places to chill by the sea with a large Efes and a good book, and the opportunity to launch ourselves into the sea whenever we feel like it! Thanking you in anticipation ,

Lorraine

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bathing platforms

Hi Lorraine, I understand Gokseki is village above Kas, hope I'm correct from memory! Well if you come into Kas on the main drag and park car on harbour right side (or walk down from the bus station - otogar) you can walk left along the marina in front of day trip boats, past Marina restaurant on the end fork and then up the steep hill towards Jandarme (police) station. You will see a diving shop also on left hand side. Just past here there's a small gated beach club with stairs going down,and there are two clubs here which lie either side of a small patch of beach. I found the one on the right hand side very tranquil as they had hammocks at the back in the garden, and a shower.They also have kosk areas with cushions, then further down the sunbeds on the platforms with a couple of ladders for the sea swimming. Service very good for beers and drinks; small restaurant too but probably not that great for food, better to try the upstairs german/turk restaurant close down the hill on opposite side, very nice! I found this beach club most relaxing.If you need more landmarks it it approximately opposite a small hotel called the Koza, which I have stayed and is lovely views. I hope you have a great holiday,

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bathing platforms

The beach areas that Cosycarol (Hı Carol) refers to are called Derya, to the right, and Çınarlar (to the left) Both are very nice.

If you would prefer somewhere much smaller then find Smileys Restaurant which is on the right hand side of the harbour - follow the path behind there (with the Meis bar to your right) and you will come to Elite Beach. A lovely relaxing place and very quiet. Derya and Çınarlat can get quite noisy in the season.

If you,re coming into town from Gök Seki by dolmus it terminates at Smileys.

Have fun!

england
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bathing platforms

Thank you once again for your replies. I have noted your directions and will certainly give both places a try.

Lorraine

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bathing platforms

Hi Lorraine,

There is also the Leymona's restaurant platforms.

It is located near Kas's hospital, in front of an Optician shop.

The atmosphere is quite nice (lots of lemon trees, some lawn, nice deckchairs, etc)

Have a good time in Kas!

australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Bathing platforms

Sorry to be uninformed but what is meant by beach club platforms and restaurant platforms? I was in Kas several decades ago and we just went in swimming off the rocky shoreline/walkway which had restaurants along it, but no mention of "clubs" or payment. Love to know.

6. Re: Bathing platforms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2009, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations