We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay & what to do?

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,091 posts
243 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay & what to do?

We are taking a brief trip along the coast from Antalya to Fethiye. We are thinking of spending a night or two in Kas. We are a retired couple in our 60s, and neither of us are very mobile. Hiking is not a viable activity for us.

Can someone suggest some activities we might enjoy in this area, and does anyone have a hotel recommendation?

Istanbul
Level Contributor
164 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

Hi Busy-Retired,

I have a go list for Kas in my profile. You can choose according to your interest. For elderly people, I can recommend a daily boat tour. Most of the activities are a bit of adventure type. So next day you can go to Buyuk Cakil or Kucuk Cakil Beach.Kucuk Cakil Beach is up on hill so you have to take the stairs down/up to swim. Buyuk Cakil is zero level to the sea so you can enjoy more but it's 1 km away from Kucuk Cakil. You can take a dolmus from city center each hour starting from 09:00.

Patara Beach is also world famous but it's up to 1 hour away from Kas. It depends on your energy.

During the evening, you can walkaround down town for some shops, and explore the streets.

I hesitate to recommend hotels because I always stayed in Kucuk Cakil where you have to climb stairs a lot and these small hotels have no lifts. Still you can check out recommendations from this site.

Regards,

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

Kas is a very hilly place, and a lot of the hotels that I can think of involve a lot of steps.

Have you decided on a hire car, or will you be travelling by bus?

If you have a car, you might be better off staying at Patara - there is the magnificent beach here and ruins, but the village is flat and is a lot smaller than Kas, and the hotels are more like small pensions run by Turkish people.

If you stayed here, you could park up and stroll around Kas and Kalkan on your way here.

Alternatively, you could think of staying in the Kekova area instead (this is where there is a sunken city that a boat tour from Kas would take you to). There is the small village of Ucagiz - which is really a very small fishing village, and has only been accessible by road for a couple of years - prior to that access was by sea only. By day it is busy with all the people on the tour boats, but come the evening you would have it virtually to yourselves -and the yachties! - which means there is a nice selection of restaurants to choose from as well. Again the village is on the flat. I would recommend the Theimussa Pension - right on the water front.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

The Bilgin Hotel is right in the town, so no steep hills or stairs to climb. Very clean and a reasonable price. Accessable for all the restaurants and shops.

There are several boat trips available or just a water taxi over to the beach area of Linanağazı.

Kas is a great place for just siting in a harbourside cafe and watching the world go by.

Deja Vu bar up a very slight hill is a perfect place to watch the sun set.

There are lots of restaurants that are not up any hills.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

Oh dear - I didn't mean to "diss" Kas, sorry AslansMum!! It just was I was thinking of all the hills!! Yes it is a lovely vibrant town, plenty of places to hang out and watch the world go by, including a nice shady tea garden, plus the boat trips you can make to Kekova from Kas etc!

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

Hi Attagul

I didn,t think for one moment you were "dissing" Kas!

You have offered a very constructive alternative. I think Uçağiz is lovely.

I was trying to suggest ways of seeing and doing things in Kas without having to tackle some of the hills. At least Kas doesn,t have as many heart attack hills as Kalkan LOL.

6. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 09:26
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations