We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of taxis in kas

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
51 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
cost of taxis in kas

Hi thinking of staying 4km outside of kas does any one know how much the taxi fare would be to kas it self.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of taxis in kas

Can you say where exactly out of Kas? Is it Çerçiler /Ağullu/ The Peninsula or Gök Seki as the price varies between all four places.

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
51 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of taxis in kas

Hi it is on the penninsular

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of taxis in kas

Apologise for the delay in getting back to you.

You should not be paying more than 15YTL each way and that would be if you were staying at the Aqua Park Hotel. Make sure you ask the taxi driver the price before getting in the car.

There are regular dolmuşes that run until midnight and they cost 1.75YTL each way.

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of taxis in kas

Hello Freyas,

Last time I passed in front of the taxi stand near the harbour, there were a board quoting the fixed price of 13 YTL for any hotel or villa on the peninsula.

Have a good time in Kas

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of taxis in kas

question is that 13 or 15 liras for 4 kms ??? just curious..how much would the taxis charge for a 7-8km ride ???

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of taxis in kas

The dolmuş and taxis fix their price for where ever you stay on the peninsular however if somone was staying at one of the hotels at the beginning of the peninsular (either side) I,m sure you could negotiate a better price.

Thanks Miss Voyages, I knew that the harbour taxi stand was going to reduce its price but wasn,t sure when. Certainly in August it was 15YTL.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of taxis in kas

Canmon

It,s not really the distance that determines the price but the location.

The prices out to the peninsular are the most expensive (the taxi drivers equate the peninsular with rich foreigners, sadly) whereas a taxi ride to the neighbouring area of Çerçiler would be considered inexpensive as that is where a lot of Turkish people live.

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of taxis in kas

Sounds like the cost of taxis in Kas are on a par with the prices in Kalkan - which surprises me as I thought that Kalkan taxi prices were super inflated....

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of taxis in kas

Faed

The peninsula is outside Kas town.

The price for a taxi ANYWHERE within Kas is 5YTL.

So, no I don,t think Kas taxi prices are anywhere near comparable to what we read about Kalkan taxi prices.

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of taxis in kas

OK - but to go 4km in Kalkan will cost about the same as to go 4km in Kas - so whats the difference...??

Mentioned in this post
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey