We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Specific Questions Re: Kas, driving, parking, maps, and info

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Specific Questions Re: Kas, driving, parking, maps, and info

My husband and I are looking to rent a private villa near Kas for a week in June or July. We would be flying into Dalaman and renting a car to drive to Kas.

1) Is that drive easy? What are the quality of maps recommended to bring or purchase?

2) When driving around the area to visit the town of Kas, the nearby beaches, or to go on an excursion (we will be staying 5km from Kas), is there parking available -- in Kas, at beach access areas?

3) When looking to book excursions, is there a tourist information office in Kas? Is there an area in the town with information on scuba, ferries, etc.?

The forum chat about Kas looks fantastic. Everyone seems to really love the town and the area!

turquoise4
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Specific Questions Re: Kas, driving, parking, maps, and info

1) Dalaman Kas is about 180kms, it will take you about 2 and half hours to drive. No need to bring any maps, just follow the signs from airport to Fethiye and further. You can buy a detailed map for the area locally once you are in Kas.

2)Are you renting on the peninsula? For some villa's there parking might be tricky because of the narrow and steep side roads, in any event there will be a place to park nearby, In the city parking is not an issue.

3) Yes, there are plenty of places you can obtain information in the city

Enjoy your stay

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Specific Questions Re: Kas, driving, parking, maps, and info

To answer one of your questions - yes there is a Tourist Information office in Kas. It is situated in the square where the Ataturk statue is.

Re parking in town (Kas isn,t a city!)can be a problem in the summer months. Too many cars for too few parking places.

If you are wanting information regarding diving - the best thing is to wander around the various (and numerous) offices that cater for diving and then make a decision on which one suits you.

For boat trips around the Kas areas it,s best to wander down to the harbour of an evening and chat with the various boat captains.

To visit places of interest you could use one of the excursion offices but most places of interest are very easy to find and if you have a car it would be more flexible for you to go independently.

I,m sure you will enjoy Kas. It is a very relaxing place.

Kent
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Specific Questions Re: Kas, driving, parking, maps, and info

I dont like to tell to many people about kas.

But we started visiting kas over 10 years ago and fell in love with it.

You dont need to worry about anything just eat out on your first night at any of the restaurants in the square and ask anything, everybody in kas we help you.

As i said we love it so much we go as often as we can my wife is there now then we go again in may,august.and october.

And perhaps one day we may spend a lot more time there. (Happy holiday)

4. Re: Specific Questions Re: Kas, driving, parking, maps, and info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 15:20
Get answers to your questions about Kas