We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kas to goreme - cappadocia by overnight bus

Washington
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
kas to goreme - cappadocia by overnight bus

Hi there. Is there an overnight bus that will take me directly from Kas to Goreme (or Nevsehir or Urgup)? Without having to transfer in Antalya?

Also, how long of a bus ride is it? I've heard that it's a 9 hrs bus ride from Antalya - does this mean a 13 hr ride from Kas? Eeps! In that case I'm better off flying Dalaman to IST to Kayseri.

TIA!

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kas to goreme - cappadocia by overnight bus

There is no direct bus from Kas to Goreme, you will have to change in Antalya.

The journey time you have quoted sounds about right.

I doubt you would be much better going to Dalaman, Istanbut and then Kaysei, if you take into account the journey time to Dalaman. Time in the air, then connection in Istanbul to Kayseri, which could be many hours, and then air time again. That,s not including the checking in time.

I would be surprised if, in total, it worked out less time.

Washington
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kas to goreme - cappadocia by overnight bus

Thank you!

Well the total travel time for flying from Kas to Kayseri, including to/from airports is working out to about 9.5 or 10 hrs, which is less, but marginally so, I agree. More importantly, the way flight times work even though travel time is less, by air I lose most of the day travelling. Versus by bus I have a full day in Cappadocia (albeit a groggy one).

What about the bus terminal in Goreme at 4am -

Is it safe?

Will we find taxis at that hour?

Will hotels be open & can we check in?

What do most tourists at 4am when they arrive in Goreme?

Thanks!

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kas to goreme - cappadocia by overnight bus

Apologies but I can,t answer your questions regarding Göreme.

It might be better if you posted on the Capadoccia forum, I,m sure someone can then help you.

Washington
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kas to goreme - cappadocia by overnight bus

Of course! Didn't think of that. I will ask in the Cappadocia forums.

I have some other questions about Kas I was just about to ask you, but I'll post a new topic for that. Thanks!

5. Re: kas to goreme - cappadocia by overnight bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 06:33
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations