We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Kas

staffs
Level Contributor
183 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Kas

I would like to let people know about the transfers to Kas from Dalaman Aiport. Some websites quote 1hr 40 but my experiences was it took 3 hours many travellers also said it took them 5 hours after calling all over the place. So take heed and build it into your itinary, it dows make a very long journey both there and home again.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Kas

It will obviously depend on who you are using for your transfer.

A private transfer i.e. taxi, rentacar etc which will be door to door will take approx 1 hr 40 - 2 hours.

If you book through a tour company and there are hotel drop offs at say Kalkan as well as Kaş, then yes it will add considerably to your journey time as Kaş will the the last drop off place. So well worth checking with your tour operator how many hotels they will be stopping at before yours. If the tour operator cannot help then the transfer rep will definately know how many stops there will be and how long the journey will take.

As WaterbabyStaffs says, a 5 hour transfer will make for a long journey there and back again.

Mentioned in this post
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Kas

It's 150km from Dalaman to Kas - 3 hours sounds about right on that road. To do it in 1h 40m is to average the national speed limit of 90km/h. No way.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Kas

David,

Since the Göcek tunnel was opened and recently the bypass around Yeşilköy it is possible to travel from Dalaman to Kas comfortably in 2 hours.

I am no speed demon and I did the journey a month ago to collect my 84 year old Mum from Dalaman airport.

staffs
Level Contributor
183 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to Kas

I adored Kas and for us I think the journey is worth while. The cost of a private transfer, thereby reducing the travelling time is very expensive for most people and therefore group transfer is more affordable. We treated the journey as a sight seeing tour, and you do stop for a 10 min comfort break all be it at a very expensive petrol station. I still think the overall travelling time from door to door is not fair on children even a 2 hour trip. You have travelling time from your home to the U.K. airport + 3 hours check in time + a 4.5 hour flight + 45mins to get out the airport in Dalaman and then the 2 to 5 hour journey. The journey to Kalkan is about 30 minutes less. Because of the distance some of the transfer companies will keep you waiting while they wait for another flight to come in, sensible from a business point. Just build this information into your holiday so you are not frustrated.

Mentioned in this post
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to Kas

"the bypass around Yeşilköy" - Aha, that's completed now?

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling to Kas

Yes it is and what a difference it makes. From Kalkan to the outside edge of Yeşilköy it now takes exactly 5 minutes! What a time saver and the views from the new Kalkan road are beautiful.

Mentioned in this post
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
7. Re: Travelling to Kas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2010, 05:19