We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diva Residence Hotel or Hideaway Hotel

Kensington
Level Contributor
354 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Diva Residence Hotel or Hideaway Hotel

My hubby and I were set to stay in the Diva residence Hotel, but Angela on this board highly recommended the Hideaway- as have many others! I was mistaken in assuming that the Hideaway had no pool. The Diva is more $$, rooms seem larger and it is out of town though they advertise a "shuttle". We will be staying one week so I want to be as sure as possible that I make the right choice! Any opinions out there?

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diva Residence Hotel or Hideaway Hotel

Firstly I have to say that I have not stayed in either of these hotels, some friends did however stay in the Hideaway last September.

The Hideaway has been very highly recommended by many people who use this forum, It is a fairly small 'pension' style hotel in a quiet area (not that much of Kas is particularly noisy) and is within easy walking distance of the centre of Kas, the walk back is a little uphill, but not a problem if you do not have any walking difficulties.

My friends really enjoyed their stay there but did comment that the pool was quite small and (in September) was mostly shaded duing the day by adjacent buildings, this may be less of a problem earlier in the summer when the sun will be higher in the sky.

I know nothing about the facilities at the Diva Residence but it is a little way out of town on the peninsular and you will need to either hire a car or use the regular dolmus service to get into the centre - the hotel's shuttle service may not be that regular or convenient, it may depend on the number of guests that they have. The dolmus will cost cery little, currently I think it is about 1.5 TL each way and I beleive in the summer months it runs every half an hour. I notice that their website mentions a 'beach', please be aware that this (like many beaches in Kas is a concrete platform with steps into the water. I note from another thread that you are going in May so please beaware that some times the water around the peninsular can be a little choppy and certainly will not be as warm as later in the season.

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kensington
Level Contributor
354 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diva Residence Hotel or Hideaway Hotel

Thank you so much for your newsy reply. I am aware of what is a "beach" in Turkey. I am definitely leaning toward staying at the Hideaway now.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,750 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diva Residence Hotel or Hideaway Hotel

Hello Again ZinFanatic - the question you must ask yourself is ... if you only have one week in Kas ... why would you want to take a shuttle service to and fro all the time and have to be tied to their timings? When instead you can walk anywhere you want to, whenever you want to, within maximum 10 minutes walk of Hideaway? And the price there you say is cheaper than the Diva too ...

If you do decide to go to Hideaway, I would recommend the room we had ... the only one with the jacuzzi bath + 2 balconies with incredible views right across to the Greek island of Meis and over the town of Kas itself. Hideaway is also 3 minute walk from the old amphitheatre there. 5 minute walk to harbour and boat trip to Meis island as well. And Yapi Kredi bank is on the way to the harbour which is very handy + they have an ATM/Hole-In-The-Wall machine for getting cash out if you need it.

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kensington
Level Contributor
354 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diva Residence Hotel or Hideaway Hotel

Angela, That seals it. I was wondering how the "suite " was. I want big and quiet. The view sounds great too. It is also very appealing that it is owned and operated by locals and is close to town.

5. Re: Diva Residence Hotel or Hideaway Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2010, 05:19