We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Kas to Dalaman airport

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, England
5 posts
Save Topic
Transport from Kas to Dalaman airport

Hi there

Just wondering if theres a bus service from Kas to the airport and if so, if anyone knows how frequently it runs / how much it costs.

thanks!

1. Re: Transport from Kas to Dalaman airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2012, 13:11
Newcastle, England
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Kas to Dalaman airport

thanks very much for your help !

Merseyside
Level Contributor
29 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Kas to Dalaman airport

Returned from Kas 2 days ago, there is no direct bus from Dalaman Airport to Kas, the only airport bus makes 2 stops and takes about 3.5 hours plus. We shopped around while we were there and all the taxi transfers are quite expensive. Most of the Transfer Booking Agencies only do a shared bus transfer on Saturdays, the rest of the time they only offer taxi transfers which are cost 160-170 turkish lira one way (which is quite expensive). Other parts of Turkey have transfer buses waiting at the airport, but not so with Kas. Let me know if you need any more advice, I'm more than happy to help.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,734 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Kas to Dalaman airport

Hi Avellanrowland

Don't know if this is any help to you, but we've booked our trip to Kas later in the year independently through Travel Republic and they are offering transfers from Dalaman Airport to our hotel in Kas for a total of £80 return for 2 people. Might be worth a look.

Cheers

London
Level Contributor
8,148 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Kas to Dalaman airport

I personally believe that one of the charms of Kaş (so far) is that it is not always easy to get to or from. <<<<<<<<

Yes completely agree with you Hobbittr - although I remember when Bodrum was a 5 hour transfer from Izmir - no dancing and party crowds in those days lol. Lets hope Kas stays as it is and not turn into another Bodrum.

Sorry if thats gone bit off topic and not answered posters question.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Kas to Dalaman airport

I agree with you both Hobbittr and Wanderingstar, Kas has retained much of its charm due to the transfer times from Dalaman and Antalya

Regrettably however, I have heard (not fully confirmed) reports that work has already started on a new airport near Demre. Whether this will be a domestic or international airport I do not know but it is of some concern nonetheless.

Edited: 15 July 2010, 21:53
London
Level Contributor
8,148 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from Kas to Dalaman airport

My plan is to go back to Kas next year - will definetly do this before it possible gets spoilt in case your report is true Adana.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from Kas to Dalaman airport

I have found out a little more about the airport. It would appear that it will only be large enough to accomodate small aeroplanes such as private jets and not the larger aircraft associated with charter flights.

Perhaps it will help those who have the money to moor their yachts in the new marina at Kas!

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from Kas to Dalaman airport

Wirralite, 80€ is approximately 160 TL.

I forgot to mention in my previous comments that Havaş runs between the Dalaman airport to Fethiye where a bus can easily be found for the remainder of the ride to Kas. Havas coordinates its bus runs with Turkish Airlines flights so if you are flying THY in or out of Dalaman you can arrange for a Havas bus direct to the airport from Fethiye. The same is true for any airport in Turkey.

Most of the Havas station personnel speak English and contact information for Dalaman Havas can be found here:

http://www.havas.net/en/stations/dalaman/

Kas
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from Kas to Dalaman airport

I travel quite a lot between Kas and Dalaman and often alone so it is generally better for me to take public transport.

You can take a bus from Kas to Fethiye with Bati Antalya or one of the coaches, although faster they only run once a day per line (usually in the evening)

Once at Fethiye you take a bus to Dalaman Otogar bus is usually leaving as you pull in so get ready to jump.

As has been said above when you get to Dalaman you are pretty much stuck and the only option is to take a taxi - this really annoys me and is why I have decided I would rather now take the longer trip to Antalya.

A couple of other things I have discovered: when you get to Fethiye they will ask you if you want them to arrange a taxi the price is pretty much the same as if you take it from Dalaman 25YTL except the last time as I was going along I was thinking the meter is going up very quickly and when we finally got to departures it was like 37YTL (50% more than normal). The driver then tried to claim he had no change from 50YTL note so I made him go into the airport and to Duty free to get some. If I ever do the journey again, which is highly unlikely I would arrange the taxi at Fethiye, especially if it was at night.

I have been looking at the transfers4u site which I discover is run by Thomas Cook and a return by coach is ~£40 which is extremely cheap. I will try them next time. If they are reliable then for me this is the way to go in future.

Oh the taxi that ripped me off was 48T2670 if you ever encounter this guy, dont get in, find someone else or walk.

Get answers to your questions about Kas