We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anything changed about kas

northumberland
Level Contributor
197 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
anything changed about kas

hi, we last visited kas in 2003, and have very fond memories of the ambience of the place, we are thinking of returning, but with all resorts, think that it may have changed, expanded or become more touristy, can any one advise, thanks, karen xx

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anything changed about kas

I was in Kas last October, not much had changed at all thank goodness. In fact not a lot has changed since I started going there 15years ago, well, possibly the prices, but that is the same all over.You will see much more change in Kalkan though, it's got so much bigger. Just enjoy it.

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anything changed about kas

There is some expansion especially since the last time you visited and yet there is something about Kaş which almost seems ageless. The harbour and town square (meydan) area are the same I think you will find as is Uzun Çarşı (long market aka slippery sokak). I think you will find its ambience unchanged.

Hoşgeldeniz

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anything changed about kas

Like the others have said - the atmosphere of Kaş hasn,t changed. It still has that lovely laid back feel about it. It doesn,t feel touristy at all.

You might be shocked at the amount of development though. The hillside between the town and the Antalya road is now apartments and from the Phellos Hotel up to Çerçiler is also apartments.

The roads are better developed, and we now have supermarkets! If I remember rightly in 2003 there was only Yenier which was tiny.

Lots of the restaurants have changed hands and also some of the bars.

Some of the old ones are still here though - Blue House, Evys, Çorba 2000, Smileys (although in a different location), Red Point, Queen Bar.

I,m sure if you return you won,t be disappointed.

northumberland
Level Contributor
197 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anything changed about kas

thanks for that everyone, you've just put a big smile on my face!!!!!!!! think we'll have to get booked up xxxxx

5. Re: anything changed about kas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations