We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A lone female in Kas? Safe?

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greece
1 post
Save Topic
A lone female in Kas? Safe?

I am planning on travelling to kas by myself. Is it safe? Is there anything i need to be aware of?

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A lone female in Kas? Safe?

Absolutely nothing, almost always travel alone, no problems. I'm a 60 something female. I love Kas!!

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A lone female in Kas? Safe?

I've lived in Just outside Kas on my own for nearly 8 years and have had no problems what ever the time of day or night. There are quite a few women like me who live here on their own because we love the place and feel safe here. So you will have no problem what so ever being on your own. Come and see for yourself and fall in love with the place.

3. Re: A lone female in Kas? Safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2012, 12:51
London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,716 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A lone female in Kas? Safe?

Just use the same common sense you would when going anywhere alone and you will be fine.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,602 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A lone female in Kas? Safe?

Thanks for those links Hobbittr - as ever, a superb summarisation by dear Sarikanarya and thanks for introducing me to the wonderful Turkishtravelblog - I had not come across it before and have just spent a pleasant time reading some of the articles.

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A lone female in Kas? Safe?

Attagul, my aim is to serve, if I have accomplished this, I am pleased. Thank you for your kind comments.

brit in west Indies
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A lone female in Kas? Safe?

I have travelled all over Turkey many times alone....Kas is a very cosmopolitan town. I have a home there and have never had a problem...it is extremely safe. However, as everywhere, use common sense...I prefer not to make too much direct eye contact with strangers (men), as sometimes that can be misinterpreted! Unless of course you want the attention , in which case go ahead...

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
59 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A lone female in Kas? Safe?

I'm 18 and I've just been around Turkey with one other girl mate - you'll be fine. Just avoid the alleys as you would anywhere else if feeling unsure. The guys are forward and pushy but that's just what they're like so don't worry! :) Enjoy

9. Re: A lone female in Kas? Safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Kas