We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When can I go back???? Why did I leave?

Central Coast, NSW
Level Contributor
67 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
When can I go back???? Why did I leave?

What a wonderful idyllic place!!! It is a bit of paradise in a wonderful country!!! The shops!!! - Traditional with a beautiful modern twist, the views! The restaurants! Just wondering.... And then throw in a cruise and swim, a trip to a Greek island.... And did I mention the restaurants??? Take me back there.....

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When can I go back???? Why did I leave?

23aj

Shhhhh don,t shout too loud - we love the fact that Kas is still a bit of a secret :-)

Central Coast, NSW
Level Contributor
67 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When can I go back???? Why did I leave?

All too true!!!

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When can I go back???? Why did I leave?

AslansMum, sorry to bust your bubble but that secret got out a long time ago. Witness this July and August. Several years ago, my students in Istanbul would say "Oooo, Kaş, wow" when I said I had a country place near there. As the middle class continues to expand in Turkey, the streets of Kaş will continue to be more filled with cars from Ankara and Istanbul.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When can I go back???? Why did I leave?

Hobbittr, You can,t burst my bubble.

I still say that Kas is a bit of a secret - I didn,t say it was a total secret.

Sure, more Turks are holidaying here (and why shouldn,t they after all it is their country) but it is still not on the main travel package tour route.

Edited: 10 October 2011, 16:06
Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When can I go back???? Why did I leave?

AslansMum, as usual, you are probably more correct than I. I hope more and more Turkish people come to visit, just not with their cars. :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When can I go back???? Why did I leave?

One of the best days out we had in Kas was a boat trip to Kekova. We were the only Brits on the boat, everyone else was Turkish on their holidays it was a real pleasure just to mix in and enjoy the company of others who were all so hospitable and good fun to be around.

Central Coast, NSW
Level Contributor
67 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When can I go back???? Why did I leave?

How lucky have we been?

8. Re: When can I go back???? Why did I leave?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Kas