We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lykya Festival

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
devon
Level Contributor
42 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Lykya Festival

does anyone know for sure when the festival will be this year? I got one Google result saying 25-27 June but it is usually at the weekend so not sure this is correct?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lykya Festival

Hi Nigelom, did you manage to find out what the festival dates are ?

devon
Level Contributor
42 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lykya Festival

no I haven't, no one seems to know and the council do not respond!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lykya Festival

I have just posted this question again, with the hope someone may notice it so let's keep our fingers crossed.

I've also sent an email to the tourist board, you never know ....

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lykya Festival

You may rest assured that some village person living several kilometres from Kaş will know the dates long before the Kaş Municipality publishes them. The Mayor's office never seems to announce to anyone of these dates until at least the night before! :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lykya Festival

I hope so Hobbit ! I need to know as soon as possible.

The tourism office got back to me and said that dates haven't been announced yet ....

devon
Level Contributor
42 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lykya Festival

No one still seems to know but doing a bit of research reveals that in 2001 it was held 28 June to July1

www.hurriyetdailynews.com/default.aspx…

Days of the year are the same this year so if I was a betting man.........

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lykya Festival

I've been told that it will most likely be Fri 22nd to Mon 25th June ( according to the mayor ! )

I hope so as I've already booked accommodation for that week ...

However, as far as I know, it's still not 100% definite that it won't be the subsequent weekend.

I've also been told that Bougainville Travel are one of the sponsors, so it might be worth asking them about it.

Their blog has info on the festival from last year and from 2010, which I found helpful.

I just looked for it again ( googled Kas Lycia Festival. ) Sorry, I don't know how to post a link so that you can click on it, but the address is -

…blogspot.com/2011/06/xiv-international-lyci…

It's a bit confusing because they also have a website Bougainville Travel - the one you want is Bougaineville Adventure and Diving ...

Good luck !

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lykya Festival

It came out blue ... nice one ... I can do it after all !!!

devon
Level Contributor
42 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lykya Festival

sorry to add confusion but I emailed Bougaineville Adventure and Diving and got the following response

Sent: 16 March 2012 12:34

Subject: RE: lyka festival 2012

Hi Nigel,

We are told that the dates will be 29/06 – 01/07. The program hasn’t yet been done,

Best regards

Phil Buckley

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lykya Festival

Thanks Njgel, let;s hope that's definite. I've just changed our booking at the Kayahan and one in Patara for the 3rd time ... there;s no way I can do it again !

Have you booked the Kayahan ? It's pretty full - there were only two doubles left for that weekend ...

Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations