We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kas boat trip to kekova

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
kas boat trip to kekova

In May we will be driving our rental car from Antalya , arriving in Kas around noon. Would it be possible to take a boat out to Kekova etc for the afternoon or do we need the whole day? I don't have a good feel for how long a tour would take. -- Where is the closest point on shore to depart for such a tour? --get pretty sea sick for don't want to be out on the water for too long.

We plan on staying 1-2 nights in this area - We are then continuing on to Fethiye, Bodrum and then Selcuk. We have 5 days to spend from Kas --to Fethiye---to Bodrum. Which of these towns would you spend the 1 night (2 nights in the other 2 towns).

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kas boat trip to kekova

As far as İ know from Kas they are day trips as it is not very close to Kas. İ did the trip once quite a long time ago, before İ was living in Turkey. May is early season, İ did the trip in September and İ have to say to trip was very very choppy, ashtrays were flying around!

Perhaps it is possible to go to Ücagiz, and do the trip from there, that is much closer to Kekova.

Here is a map:

ferries-turkey.com/popup-route/routemap-400-…

And perhaps stay there as well, of course it is not Kas, but as you are heading to Fethiye you do a town, Ücagiz is a wonderful small village on the coast, that gives you a good variety!

Hope this helps! Good luck!

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: kas boat trip to kekova

In addition to VR's post above,

Ucagiz is on the way to Kas from Antalya and about half hour before. It is on the kekova bay and even has smaller craft which can be hired by the hour for a reasonable sum as well as short tours on larger vessels leaving as soon as they have enough customers.

May should be warm enough to swim and/or kayak from Ucagiz, as well. Se temperatures should be getting to 19-20 degrees C.

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
734 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kas boat trip to kekova

From memory the kekova trips are a day (10:00 - 17:00)

Make sure you visit Kalkan whilst in the area.

virtual tour that I took can be found here:

gyrapix.co.uk/360/…Gyrapix_Project14.html

Fabulous restaurants plus a beautiful harbour and old town.

Stuart

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: kas boat trip to kekova

Just a few more notes :

- May is low season so you can be flexible.

If you like Ucagiz, Kekova, Kas, you can stay longer there before driving to Fethiye.

- Do not forget to visit Myra on the way to ucagiz, at Demre and Patara and possibly Xanthos (not as axciting as Myra or Patara) from kas/Kalkan area to fethiye

- Consider staying at Kayakoy on the way from Fethiye to Olu Deniz.

- Try the pida restaurant at Paspatur in Fethiye and/or the restaurants at the fish market, where you buy your own fish and they will cook it and serve it to you with an excellent side salad. In May. you may find Morel mushrooms at the fish market entrance, which the restaurants will also sautee for you with onions for a heavenly side dish.

- We stayed at Telemen's B&B at ucagiz (on your right before entering village) which was OK. telemen (Suleyman) has a small boat and he took us out to the bay and to Kale Koy, harpooned fish and cooked it on the rocks while we swam and petted his dog.

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kas boat trip to kekova

Yup, visit and stay in Kayaköy outside of Fethiye, far more interesting than the rest of Fethiye.

Kayaköy (Kaya Village) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayakoy was a mostly Greek village which was abandoned after the 1923 exchange of population between Greek Muslims and Turkish (Greek) Orthodox Christians. The village was never re-inhabited.

Kayaköy was the inspiration for Birds Without Wings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birds_Without_Wings_(novel)]

by Louis de Bernieres, the same author of Captain Corelli's Mandolin.

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
199 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kas boat trip to kekova

Hi JimmAnn52,

I can highly recommend you to stay in Kekova area at least 1 night instead of staying on Land. 1 night 2 days tour for this area is quite nice option to do around this area.

You can also do this trip for half day or full one day but my recommendation is to spend your one night in this beautiful bays.

If you wish you can check www.boattripturkey.com/subPage.php… link for detailed program and you can choose any of these bays to spend your one night at sea.

For sickness this area is well proteced from the open sea so I dont think you will be sick.

If you need to know more about this program you can ask whatever you like.

Best regards

7. Re: kas boat trip to kekova

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2013, 10:35
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations