We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kas Dolphinarium

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kas Dolphinarium

Is the dolphinarium open again.? Ive been given conflicting reports .. thanks for any information.

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Kas Dolphinarium

Was in town again today, and the information stand was attracting a lot of interest from Turks and foreigners alike. As it's a holiday this weekend lots of people come here for this, so more and more people are being made aware of the situation.

Due a to long standing arrangement I was not able to get to the press briefing or to the picture shoot but have been told that it was well attended. However we were warned in advance that no banners, placards, making speeches, chanting, handing out leaflets, etc. would be tolerated by the police this could only be done in the main square.

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Kas Dolphinarium

rollergirl52 .. thank you for your post ... i certainly have the message now that its not right for the dolphins to be in captivity ..

i will be taking your advise and booking a boat trip to go and see the dolphins in the sea .. thanks to all for your replies. I do hope the authorities in Kas now take notice of the protests in Kas over the last couple of days and close this park for ever.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Kas Dolphinarium

Wow Brian such a wind up merchant!!! Still it keeps awareness of the issue alive.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Kas Dolphinarium

The demonstration in Kas yesterday and today was a great success! It not only promoted the plight of the dolphins in captivity in Kas but all over the world.

It was informative especially of the dangers of people swimming with dolphins and it sent the message loud and clear.

More information can be found on the Free the Kas Dolphins page on Facebook

Edited: 22 April 2012, 00:23
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Kas Dolphinarium

Thanks for heads up & keep us posted on the Fethiye side, Sootycat whats going on.

Edited: 23 April 2012, 08:19
Deal, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Kas Dolphinarium

Is the Dolphinarium open yet or has the protests stopped this happening? I sincerely hope that it will stay closed FOREVER!!!!!

Edited: 28 April 2012, 10:26
Liverpool
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Kas Dolphinarium

No it has not opened yet and we don't know if a licence has been granted for it yet. I agree it should close ASAP and the whole place kit and kaboodle taken down so nothing like it could open there again

west yorks
Level Contributor
645 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Kas Dolphinarium

I am appalled and heartbroken that these beautiful creatures are being used as moneymakers in these so called ' attractions'. As long as tourists keep buying tickets to go to these places then dolphins will be kept prisoners in these terrible and cruel places. I really hope these dolphins can be saved like Misha and tom, please keep up the good work you're doing in Kas to spread the word about their plight.

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Kas Dolphinarium

Heres to a proper outcome, let the beautiful creatures

free, & stop this mal-practice in making money !

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Kas Dolphinarium

Are there any online petitions that I can sign to help stop this cruel practice ?

Dolphins belong in one place, and one place only, the open sea.

Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations