We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Meis, is it necessary to book in advance?

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Devon
Level Contributor
330 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to Meis, is it necessary to book in advance?

We would like to spend a day on Meis but are unsure if it's necessary to book the ferry in advance in high season or can we book the morning of the departure. We are not staying in Kas. Can anyone help me out?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Meis, is it necessary to book in advance?

lynb0, where are you staying ? Anytime I have made this trip I usually go to the travel agent the day before and book. Mind you, I have been staying in KAS at the time. If you are in KALKAN you should be able to book a day or so before.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Meis, is it necessary to book in advance?

If you can book in advance by all means do so. If you want to take a chance and just turn-up on the day try to get there for about 9 to 9.30. It'll give them time to get your passport(s) sorted out at the Kaş Deniz Polisi (Sea Police).

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
199 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to Meis, is it necessary to book in advance?

Hi ,

Every weekday Kahramanlar Ferry Runs trips to Meis.

You can see details from the link below.

http://www.meisferrylines.com/eng/

You need to be at the agent at 9:15 a.m if you don't want to leave your passport one night before.

If you leave your passports one night before you can be at the agent 9:45 a.m.

Best regards

Cpt. Ergun

Devon
Level Contributor
330 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to Meis, is it necessary to book in advance?

Thanks everyone, Ill contact them the day before by email/phone to ensure ferry not booked up and then arrive a good hour before!

London
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry to Meis, is it necessary to book in advance?

There are two ferry companies in Kas. We got ripped off by Meis express.

We told them we wanted to travel back on Sunday from Kastellorizo and they said that would be no problem and charged us a full return fare. However when we arrived in Kastellorizo we found out they don't travel to the island on a Sunday so we had to pay for another ticket with the other ferry company (http://www.meisferrylines.com/eng/) who are the only ferry that do travel on a sunday. We complained and asked for our money back but they told us it was not there problem and not their job to tell us about other peoples timetables. Although they were quite happy to lie about their own timetable and take our money.

Ok we could have checked the timetable ourselves but my fiance speaks fluent Turkish and she asked them directly so we foolishly took their word for it. These people are not to be trusted.

I would use http://www.meisferrylines.com/eng/ instead. They have a shop in the square just opposite the marina.

London
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry to Meis, is it necessary to book in advance?

We got ripped off by Meis express.

We told them we wanted to travel back on Sunday from Kastellorizo and they said that would be no problem and charged us a full return fare. However when we arrived in Kastellorizo we found out they don't travel to the island on a Sunday so we had to pay for another ticket with the other ferry company (http://www.meisferrylines.com/eng/) who are the only ferry that do travel on a sunday. We complained and asked for our money back but they told us it was not there problem and not their job to tell us about other peoples timetables. Although they were quite happy to lie about their own timetable and take our money.

Ok we could have checked the timetable ourselves but my fiance speaks fluent Turkish and she asked them directly so we foolishly took their word for it. These people are not to be trusted.

I would use http://www.meisferrylines.com/eng/ instead. They have a shop in the square just opposite the marina.

hartlepool
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry to Meis, is it necessary to book in advance?

does anybody know the ost of the ferry and return to Meis

thanks

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry to Meis, is it necessary to book in advance?

Lesleytourist, last year it was 40TL per person ( Adult ).

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
199 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry to Meis, is it necessary to book in advance?

Hi ,

Its 20 Euro Per Person on ferry.

If you want to be on your own and decide your own time table you can also hire your own boat which will cost you 400 Euro approx.

Regards

Cpt. Ergun

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry to Meis, is it necessary to book in advance?

We have just booked a return and are payimg 60TL each. This may be a little more than ticket face value as the agent took our passports from the hotel (7pm) we paid in advance and in the morning the tickets will have been delivered to our hotel. So no effort at all on our part.

Get answers to your questions about Kas