We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we stay in town or on peninsula?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Should we stay in town or on peninsula?

Hi Everyone,

We will be using Kas as a base at the end of August for about 3 or 4 nights. Any thoughts on staying in town or the peninsula? The hotels on the peninsula look beautiful with the pools overlooking the sea. Does anyone know of any hotels in town that would offer this also? We will have a rental car.

Thanks!

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we stay in town or on peninsula?

If you have a car then staying on the peninsula shouldn't be a problem. Most of the hotels are about 5km out of town (there is a regular dolmus service)

I have no experience of the hotels on the peninsula other than some of them do look very nice in the photographs.

Personally I like the buzz of the town and like to be within walking distance as I can't be bothered with driving much in the summer, especially as parking in the town can be a bit of a problem at times in the height of the season.

There are several hotels in the town that have pools (and rooms) overlooking the sea but I'm not sure how they compare standard wise, or in terms of cost.

You could take a look at the Hera, Aqua Princess, The Nur, Hotel Villa don't think it has a pool) or the Habesos all on the east side of the harbour. There are others that are quite close to the sea and most have swimming platforms

New Jersey
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we stay in town or on peninsula?

Thanks Adana! I'll look into those hotels.

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we stay in town or on peninsula?

I agree with Adana especially as you are only here for 3 or 4 nights then I think you should stay in the hotels in town. Also remember that the alcohol level for driving in Turkey is zero so even if you only have 1 drink before you drive back to the peninsula it could prove difficult if stopped for an alcohol test. If positive you lose your licence for 6 months (it's taken off you there and then) and a big fine. In the past if you were banned here it was not reported, but now it is reported to the relative authority in the country of the person banned, so you could have problems when you get home.

There are so many hotels in town that have both pools and beach platforms or easy access to the beach clubs that as you are here for such a short time to get the feel of Kas you should stay in town.

The hotels on the peninsula are really nice but have the downside that being near the sea you have really steep roads to clime if you want to get the dolmush into town for a night out & I think the last bus back is midnight so if your any later you'd have to get a taxi at a cost of 20 TL.

Which ever you decide on I'm sure you will enjoy your stay in Kas.

Isparta, Turkey
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we stay in town or on peninsula?

alcohol level is 50 promil and you can have one pint of beer

5. Re: Should we stay in town or on peninsula?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations