We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Tlos?

windsor
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Tlos?

Is there public transport to Tlos? Or is taxi the only way of getting to Tlos?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,883 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Tlos?

Where are you staying?

A dolmus from Fethiye is the obvious, but you have to get to Fethiye first! It is over 50 miles away and would cost a fortune by taxi! Are you sure it is Tlos you want to go, it's usually just a quick stop off on a jeep safari or other excursion from Oludeniz/Hisaronu, nothing special to want to spend a day there.

Edited: 10 June 2013, 11:01
Bedford
Level Contributor
74 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Tlos?

Ms Windsor

Take the bus from Kas bus station to Saklikent - Tlos is signposted a "little" walk away.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Tlos?

I doubt if any dolmuses go from Kas to Tlos, you might find that one goes along the Kadıköy-Güneşli road and then hitch-hike the last 2 miles up from Güneşli. Best to take a tour or rent a car. Here's where it is - http://goo.gl/maps/TrbBa

"it's usually just a quick stop off on a jeep safari" - if you're into ancient sites you could easily spend 2+ hours there including lunch at one of the cafes overlooking the site, friendly staff at the right-hand one let me leave my backpack there while I wandered around.. Worth climbing up to the "Tomb of Bellerophon" visible from the approach road, last year you couldn't enter the theatre which they may be restoring, they've done quite a bit of work tidying up the stadium.

Renting a car would be ideal and then visit Pinara as well.

Edited: 12 June 2013, 09:49
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Tlos?

Hello,

So there is a bus I can take from Kas to Saklikent? I am planning to visit in the beginning of August and want to know if i could take a bus and which one from Kas to Saklikent and then visit Tlos and get back to Kas by evening.

Thanks,

DdBose

5. Re: How to get to Tlos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations