We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alcohol banned on beaches

amsterdam
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
alcohol banned on beaches

There is from today on a alcohol ban on all kas beaches and Limanazi and pebble beach.

I could'not believe it, but it's true!

No more beer, wine or cocktails, they must be crazy. Thankx to the mayor.

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
246 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: alcohol banned on beaches

Thanks Rachel for clarfying the situation. It is absolutely right that people want to show solidarity with peaceful protests against what is happening in Istanbul. I do hope that it can all get sorted out before more people are hurt....

Mentioned in this post
Izmit, Turkey
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: alcohol banned on beaches

İ've been there three days ago. The owner of the Çınarlar Beach said to me there is a local problem. Municipality doesnt give any licence to other beaches cause they have no legality..Also they have a licence problem but it will solved in a week.(he says). İ think its not a general problem and it will be pass in next days..i drunk non-alcoholic things over there but i saw some beer bottle to having another people...they were drinking very comfortable...

amsterdam
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: alcohol banned on beaches

Wait till they have to renew the licence.

2 month ago Kas became "City", haha, you can get now your Residence Card in Kas, also Tapus they can give now. Completely new power for the belediye, they can play Allah now.

I'm now back in rainy Amsterdam and I hope the problem will be solved in september.

P.S. I know that the demonstration has been for the problem in turkey and I hope they will release the normal people and journalist and lawyers and and and. Sad!

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: alcohol banned on beaches

From what I have seen in a couple days of being here it is really business as usual.

All of the beach restaurants and cafes that I have walked past or visited are serving alcohol and I believe that most of the boats are too.

At Limanagzi, Nuri's beach is also serving alcohol, I don't know about the others.

I understand the authorities in Kas have been tightening up on existing licensing laws, these are not new laws.

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
15. Re: alcohol banned on beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:15