We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Kas

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Kas

I am visiting Kas for the first time in late September and will have a car for the week, can anyone recommend a couple of interesting days out within a days travel, historical sites and nature are my top interests.

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Kas

Historical sites - http://www.lycianturkey.com/

Also - www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=16497

Edited: 26 June 2013, 12:53
Moscow
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Kas

and 3D photo on the map

http://www.antalyasanalgezinti.com/likya/

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,449 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Kas

From Kas and with a car it is so easy to go to Üçağız and Kekova (sunken city), to Myra and Saint Nicholas church in Demre, Finike is lovely, Saklikent gorge, Kaputas beach, the road inland up to Elmalı is gorgeous for nature, just not too far a day trip to Patara beach, and a trip to Meis if you fancy a very laid back day out to a Greek island. Lots to do, you will have a fab time!

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Hotel Kekova
Hotel Kekova
158 Reviews
Kas, Turkey
Kaputas Beach
Kaputas Beach
2,462 Reviews
Kas, Turkey
Patara Beach
Patara Beach
903 Reviews
Patara, Turkey
Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
201 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Kas

Hi ,

You should definetly join a boat trip at least once. You can either see Kekova or go on Islands tour around Kas area.

I can highly recommend you to see Kekova by sea from Kas not from Kekova because you will be missing most of the beautiess of the sea if you go there by land.

Have a nice holiday

Cpt. Ergun

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Kekova
Hotel Kekova
158 Reviews
Kas, Turkey
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Kas

We were in Kas for 6 days in July. Grandparents, parents, and three teenagers. Drove to Xanthos-Letoon and Patara beach one day. Letoon is the smaller site, and a little hard to find, but worth the trip. Patara has extensive ruins near the beach, also. We spent our time on the beach (teenagers) but I wish I had of explored the ruins. Took a day boat trip the first day there, very enjoyable. Our family of seven had a small boat all to ourselves; I would avoid the larger party boats. We did not go to kekova that day becasue of the wind, but stopped to swim and lunch at Aperlai, Lycian ruins in a small cove. Rock tombs right on the waters edge. Sea turtles swimming there. Another day took the ferry to Castelorizo, the Greek island. Quaint and picturesque, good food at restaurant Athena. It was too hot to explore the town much, so i stayed under an umbrella and drink Ouzo with the Greek restaurant owner. There's 23 churches in the town, including several from the 18th century, and lots of older ruins. If you are coming from Antalya, stop at Myna (Demre) to see the rock tombs cut into the cliffs. St Nick's church is there, also.

If you need a place to stay, we recommend Capt Ergun's place, the Villa Dundar. It has accommodations of various size, and is away from the town, near Big Pebble beach.

Edited: 13 July 2013, 18:12
Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Letoon
Letoon
53 Reviews
Fethiye, Turkey
Patara Beach
Patara Beach
903 Reviews
Patara, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Big Pebble Beach
Big Pebble Beach
491 Reviews
Kas, Turkey
Bath
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Kas

Hi I am considering going to Kas, I notice that you are from Texas and as an American, i wondered if now was a safe time to travel to Turkey. I have never been and have heard about recent unrest. Also , how difficult is it to get from the airport to Kas? I am a woman traveling alone,

Edited: 14 July 2013, 21:38
Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Bath
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Kas

Has anyone from the US been to Kas this summer that can give me some advice? Never traveled to Turkey and will be on my own. I am interested in how you got from the airport ( which one) to the village of Kas and how long it took.

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Kas

In Kas at the moment and have talked to woman that are from the USA and travelling alone . Very safe and buses are excellent and many run from bus stations to here . No sign of any trouble down here and we have been in Turkey a month . Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Bath
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Kas

I appreciate your reply. A month! you lucky people. I have opted to travel next year instead. If you have found a reasonable well located place to stay, I would appreciate your recommendation and information about your transportation from the airport - did you fly into Istanbul? I was insecure about making that journey alone and I need to research a bit more before taking the plunge. Happy holiday!

Mentioned in this post
chester
Level Contributor
67 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip to Kas

Have spent the last three summer holidays in Kas, with another planned for September... it's a brilliant place to relax but if you have an interest in history you should definitely visit Patara and Xanthos - ruins you can wander freely around with a real atmosphere and really close by. We drove East one evening to see the rock tombs at Myra, but it was closed (check closing times!) - still a lovely drive and you also get to see some pretty wild and mountainous country. There are lots of gorge walking/mountain biking opportunities too and the day boat cruises are excellent (swam/snorkelled with a loggerhead turtle on ours last year); Kas has the best of everything really, just don't tell everyone...

Edited: 28 July 2013, 17:13
Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey