We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kas or Cirali/Olympos to Antalya

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Kas or Cirali/Olympos to Antalya

I'm going to Kas next month and will be flying out from Antalya at 13.30 on a Thursday and would appreciate some advice on getting there...

1) do buses leave Kas early enough to get to the airport for 12.00?

2) is it worth leaving Kas a day early to stay closer to Antalya in Olympos or Cirali? Or would this be adding to much to the travel time without leaving adequate time to explore Olympos/Cirali? I have never been to either.

The last time I visited Kas I travelled up to Antalya the day before my flight and loved exploring Kaleici, so if the buses from Kas don't run early enough and Olympos would be too much hassle, I'd be happy to spend a night in Antalya again... I just want to find out about other options that would allow me to see somewhere new or enjoy more time in Kas. Spoilt for choice! Thanks in advance for your help.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kas or Cirali/Olympos to Antalya

here is the bus timetable

http://www.batiantalyatur.net/?Bid=197908

first bus leave Kas at 620am and arrives at the bus station approximately in antalya at 1015am

is your flight leaving at 12 noon or you need to be at the airport by 12 noon ?? ıf a international flight leaving at 12 noon you need to check in at 10am..

WHY NOT make the 1 or 2 nights before your flight and visit Cirali..its a lovely area and the least unspoilt coastal area on the antalya coastline..it would be a shame to miss it even if just for a day or 2..

the bus from Kas to cirali take 2.5 hrs and then cirali to antalya 1.5 hrs to the bus station..so leave Kas early and arrive to cirali early in the day and then you have time to visit the ruins and the flames on the mountain at night. granted a bit rushed however better than nothing..and maybe a glimpse for a future trip perhaps

checj out my photos;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets/

Please make sure that you do your research in the difference between Olympos and the neighboring village of Cirali..both share the same beach

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…index.html

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…cirali.html

PS...There are always many mix-ups between the village of Cirali and the village ( valley ) of Olympos. Here's a bit of clarification on the subject.

Cirali / Olympos is located approx. 80km southwest from Antalya. It is quiet and peaceful village perfect for families, nature lovers and for those wishing to get away from the mass touristic cities or towns.

First the beach of Olympos ( located in the village of Cirali ) is shared by both villages. There are two entrances to these villages located on the main highway between Antalya -Fethiye.

One entrance (Cirali) will bring you down into the village of after 7kms. Here you can reach the beach by car, mini-bus or by foot. Once on the beach ( 4kms long -secluded - clean ) you can walk into the entrance of the ancient city of Olympos visiting the ruins located on either side of the creek.

The second entrance on the main highway from Antalya is the entrance to the village of Olympos ( 12 kms from the main highway ), Cavus Koy, and Adrasan. Here in this village are more accomodations with treehouses, bugalows, pansiyons and small hotels as well.

Olympos is very famous for the '' treehouses'' and offers a bit of a different lifestyle that Cirali It tends to cater to more younger crowd or students including backpackers and budget accomodations. In Olympos there are more bars and discos where as Cirali caters to a quieter crowd with only a few local bars playing live turkish music.

To reach the beach from Olympos village one must walk through the ancient city of Olympos. Depending on where one is staying the walk to the beach can be a few minutes up to longer ranging from 800m - 3 or 4 kms. Staying in Olympos village to visit the flames at night there are group tours with mini-buses that travel back up to the main highway road ( 12km ) and then after 1 km down into the other entrance (Cirali - another 11kms down ). You can walk if you wish through Olympos and then along the beach for 4kms or more to visit the flames. Don't forget to bring your flashlight as the ancient city has no lights at night.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kas or Cirali/Olympos to Antalya

That's SO helpful! Thank you.

My flight leaves at 13.30 so I need to be at the airport 12.00, meaning the first bus from Kas would get me there with time to spare.

You make a good case for Cirali though, and your photos are wonderful! It certainly looks like an area worthy of a visit, albeit a speedy one. Olympos sounds like fun but maybe a more restful night in Cirali before leaving for a hectic week in Istanbul would be a better choice?!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kas or Cirali/Olympos to Antalya

Does anyone have any advice on where to stay in Olympos? I had hoped to stay in Cirali but the remaining options ( on booking.com at least) are a bit pricey.

Also, is it advisable to join a tour to see the Chimaera? Or is it safe and easy enough to find flying solo?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kas or Cirali/Olympos to Antalya

LibNtour..what price range are you looking for ?? why bother with booking.com and contact the hotels / pensions directly in Cirali and ask for a price for a single room ( usually cheaper than a room for 2 persons )

alwasy book direct with the hotel rather than useing a 3 rd party booking site..you might get a better deal also if you pay in cash

I think you will find many places that will be suitable within your budget

use the booking sites for price, location and amenity comparisons but book with the hotels directly for better prices and extra benefits like cash discounts, etc.

In addition this direct contact gives you an insight into how friendly and efficient(or not!) the hotel is or not

I think more could go wrong using a 3rd party rather than booking direct

I should also add that many hoteliers do not allocate all their rooms or accommodations to the booking.com system..when you are searching some may appear that there is no availability but again if you contact them direct you might find a room still some rooms left available.

when are you thinking of visiting ?? you say next month ?? are you planning to travel any time between october 14 or october 19th ?? it is the holiday period of Kurban bayram

A note for travelling in the month of october..do be advised that the dates of October 14 - October 19, 2013 do fall within the turkish holidays of "KURBAN BAYRAM"

KURBAN BAYRAMI AREFESİ 1/2 GÜN 14 EKİM PAZARTESİ

KURBAN BAYRAMI 1. GÜN 15 EKİM SALI

KURBAN BAYRAMI 2. GÜN 16 EKİM ÇARŞAMBA

KURBAN BAYRAMI 3. GÜN 17 EKİM PERŞEMBE

KURBAN BAYRAMI 4. GÜN 18 EKİM CUMA

Kurban Bayramı (koor-BAHN bahy-rah-muh) is the most important Islamic religious festival of the year, and a 4 or 5-day public holiday in Turkey. It will affect your travel plans, so be prepared for it.

I would reserve your accommodations , long haul transportation ( flights, buses etc ) well in advance,

Also keep in mind the day before the beginning of the holiday some places ( local shop keepers ) may also be closed early on that day or during the holiday

All banks and government offices will be closed during the holiday so make sure that you have taken care of any of that business before hand.

at the beginning of the holiday and end transport may be busy as travelers leaving and return home.

I also would not let the holiday in october put you off in coming ..Kurban Bayramı doesn't mean you shouldn't go to Turkey. You should plan for the holiday. Be assured that tourism doesn't come to a halt during Kurban Bayramı,

some museums and sights (such as the bazaars) may be closed on the first day of the holiday, but most will be open for some of the other days. or open later in the day say around 12pm

yes banks and public offices will be closed

Shops and bazaars tend to be closed on the first day of the holiday, but some if not most will re-open after the first day. A few shops and businesses stay open even on the first day to provide essentials

5. Re: Kas or Cirali/Olympos to Antalya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Kas