We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a Hire Car?

Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
320 posts
430 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need a Hire Car?

Hi

We're going to be staying at the Renaissance Antalya for 2 weeks in August and I'm trying to work out if it would be better to hire a car. Airport transfer to the hotel for 4 looks like about £60 each way. But, my main issue is whether it is easy to get from the hotel into nearby villages/Kemer. We don't generally like eating in hotels other than breakfast so wouldn't want to be marooned if the local transport options aren't there.

Are there restaurants within walking distance of the hotel? How much would a taxi into Kemer be roughly?

Thanks for the help

Allie

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need a Hire Car?

If you are staying at this hotel Renaissance Antalya Beach Resort and Spa it is located in Beldibi and NOT in Kemer.

marriott.com/hotels/…

Is this correct ???

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g678226-d296189…

A taxi to Beldibi would be 55 EUROS not GBP as provided by the airport taxi web pages. so I would check out that price as it seems a bit high.

It is in turkish however but if you go to the bottom of this page and look for ANTALYA HAVALİMANI TAKSİ FİYAT LİSTESİ you will find all the prices listed. Just look for Kemer.

www.antalyahavalimanitaksi.com/index.php…

http://www.antalyahavalimanitaksi.com/

Rezervasyon : rezervasyon@antalyahavalimanitaksi.com

Info : info@antalyahavalimanitaksi.com

As for rental cars you are probably looking around 30-40 Euros a day depending on the car's make and size.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need a Hire Car?

Also forgot to say that the distance between Beldibi and Kemer is about a half hours drive. Beldibi is the first of many sprawing resort towns southwest from Antalya on the Antalya - Kumluca highway.

Unfortunately mass tourism has changed the faces of so many beautiful areas along the Antalya coastline with the build up of so many resorts. Replacing lovely orange orchards, natural scenery, and greenhouses with big 5 star hotels.

What villages are you interested in ?? Are you looking for some historical sights ??

Also did you mean a taxi from antalya to Kemer or a taxi from Beldibi to Kemer ?? sorry a bit confused...

CanMom

Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
320 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need a Hire Car?

Thanks Canmom.

It is the Renaissance at Beldibi. The airport taxi firms look good and they do state 55 euro for the trip. The hotel are charging $100 for their shuttle so that is cheaper. We are arriving at 0400 in the morning - so I am thinking we should book the taxi in advance in case there are no taxis at the airport at that time. Or are they always there?

My research also shows that hire cars are 27 - 30 euros per day.

We will definitely want to have some excursions to historic sites but mainly we would want to eat dinner outside of the hotel every day. So, the question is: are there some restaurants in Beldibi which are within walking distance of the hotel, or a short taxi ride away?

If we can manage to get to restaurants without a car, then we would probably taxi to and from the airport and just hire a car for days out.

Thanks

Alison

4. Re: Do I need a Hire Car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 00:16